Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has any of you taught yourself how to play an instrument?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can play Back in Black and War Pigs on a Ukulele, Accordion and Pan Flute

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      I can play Back in Black and War Pigs on a Ukulele, Accordion and Pan Flute
      Holy fuck.
      Upload that shit. I want to hear it.

Comment

I taught myself to play the tummy trombone.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
          I taught myself to play the tummy trombone.
          that will go a long way with the skin flute skills that you've been mastering since elementary school.......... Rockin'
          Last edited by Rockin'; 11-29-2012, 09:59 PM.

Comment

I learned to play the drums when I was 8 or 9. My dad plays multiple instruments and got a free set from his old drummer. I remember at first I would just kind of beat on them, but eventually I actually got into a rhythm and learned how to play properly. I started out just using the bass and snare drum and when I got that down my dad showed me how to incorporate the hi-hats with it. I also dabble in bass a little bit, but I definitely cannot call myself a bass player.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
              I learned to play the drums when I was 8 or 9. My dad plays multiple instruments and got a free set from his old drummer. I remember at first I would just kind of beat on them, but eventually I actually got into a rhythm and learned how to play properly. I started out just using the bass and snare drum and when I got that down my dad showed me how to incorporate the hi-hats with it. I also dabble in bass a little bit, but I definitely cannot call myself a bass player.
              Used to imitate zappa's playing of the blues during my youth. I like the way he play the rules without following any rules.

Uh oh annie and rockin' are about to take over this thread LOL.

Comment

I taught myself the kazoo. Even had a band til someone stole my instrument and I had to quit.

Comment

Drums, back in 90. Still play. Practice, and alot of listen/watch others in the early yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                    Used to imitate zappa's playing of the blues during my youth. I like the way he play the rules without following any rules.

Uh oh annie and rockin' are about to take over this thread LOL.
                    I got into Zappa when I was 16 and I have been a die hard fan since. Lots of his drummers have had a big influence on me since then.

Comment

Ive been playing the Guitar for about 2 years self taught. Easily the hardest thing ive ever undertook, even more so than Boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X