No announcement yet.

Does Death Exist? New Theory Says 'No'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

load of crap if you ask me.

I mean it uses some factual aspects to cover the main idea which seems to be nonsense.

Life isn't really energy, we are simply mass or stuff which is energy if you look at it that way. However in death we simply rot into the ground or are cremated and scattered our bodies are swallowed up the earth who use the organic molecules present in us in various natural cycles once again.

The energy of being, or the brain our brain uses does not come naturally. There is an input energy and it comes in the form of chemical energy (food etc) once you cease to power your brain it does not work. If your heart stops you can no longer power your brain, so it stops working.

It doesn't seem like a hard concept to understand to me. Even if the multi-verse theory is true or whatnot I doubt life can transcend through it. Life is in reality just a cool manifestation of stuff that is very common, the idea that I personally exist in this current form in another universe because I do in this, is silly in my opinion. I'm not that important, and neither is anyone else.

Comment

Someone in the comments explained why I tried to say a lot more concisely:

In the simple analogy of a 20 watt laptop computer, if it breaks down, it stops using energy. The atoms that made the computer parts are still around, but it no longer can compute. It does not generate an incorporeal ghost computer that can still perform calculations. You have to restore the software from a backup to a new machine to get it to work again. In the case of a dead person, they no longer require nourishment and their brain no longer is running on 20 watts. This does not mean that 20 watts becomes a ghost or spirit.

There is no backup mechanism in the universe that we know of, no little Time Machine hard drive is hooked up to each of us. I think we are all destined to have our minds disappear when our bodies break down. Certainly the many medical cases of brain injuries that altered personalities, like that of Phineas Gage in the 19th century, do not support the idea that our minds are separate from our bodies.

Comment

Working...
      X