Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rock: "Rugby is tougher than American Football"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=prinzemanspopa;12739578]Rugby is certainly a more physically demanding sport.I don't deny that many of these foozball players are explosive athletes and really strong guys,but it's a start-stop game with many,many intervals and plenty of rest periods involved.I can't imagine many of these great big bastards being able to keep up with the pace of a top level rugby game.[/QUOTE]

The offensive lineman, the rather big defensive lineman the fullbacks and many of the tightends couldn't but the other players could if they trained for it.

Comment

And lol at everyone acting like rugby is just non stop sprinting and tackling. There is down time in rugby when the ball is on the other side of the pitch and you are just jogging forward with the line.

7's rugby is non stop hard running, but thats why the halves are only last 7 minutes.
      Last edited by Danny Gunz; 11-26-2012, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Ill take that American football money thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          He didn't exactly blow the lid off of anything with that statement.

American football is a padded p*ssy sport in which the ball is only in play an average of 11 minutes per game. The rest of that time is divided up between penalties, time outs, replays, huddling, and commercial breaks for advertising.

Weak.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...055561406.html
          you never played football.

Comment

the average rugby player is obviuously tougher than the average football player but the best athletes in the nfl **** on the best athletes in rugby for sure. its much harder getting into the nfl too.

the guys in the nfl tough enough to play rugby would dominate there once they got used to the diffrences imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              you never played football.
              And you've never touched a vagina - Neither fact is actually relevant to this discussion.

Comment

And people saying NFL isn't tough are being ignorant as ****. Playing american football takes a bigger toll on ones body then boxing does by far. Not saying rugby isn't tough just defending football.

Comment

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it already or even if its true but I heard years ago that The Rock is a cousin or something of Jonah Lomu. Can anyone confirm if that's true?

Edit: To anyone who doesn't know who Jonah Lomu is, he's a Rugby Legend.
                  Last edited by Rapid Counter; 11-26-2012, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    And you've never touched a vagina - Neither fact is actually relevant to this discussion.
                    Well atleast you admitted to not playing. Suck my d1ck ***.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
                      Don't know if anyone has mentioned it already or even if its true but I heard years ago that The Rock is a cousin or something of Jona Lomu. Can anyone confirm if that's true?

Edit: To anyone who doesn't know who Jona Lomu is, he's a Rugby Legend.

Is there any family from that region that's not closely related to one another?

Comment

Working...
                      X