No announcement yet.

Freakin Car Dealerships

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    Sometimes you can just stroll in and handle it before he does all that extra work.

For example, call them up and explain yourself. Ask if you can come in and have everything including new rotors. Ten ask if you should bring the attorney or not... They'll prob hook it up
    This.

Comment

Jose got it right, dealerships are a complete ripoff

Get a good trust worthy local mechanic

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Jose got it right, dealerships are a complete ripoff

Get a good trust worthy local mechanic
        and all you have to pay for is parts, a case of beers and you hit him off with some cash and he'll do an excellent job.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
          Should have just done it yourself bro. Gotta/should learn sometime, and this is easy enough of a project and will save yourself bank.

-take off tire
          -take off caliper
          -remove pads
          -take off rotor
          -get rotor turned
          -put rotor back on
          -put new pads in the caliper
          -put caliper back on rotor
          -put tire back on
          -profit

You shouldnt have to buy a new rotor, but just take it into napa or sone auto shop and get it turned, costs about 10-15 bucks. When you put the rotor back on, its crucial that you dont get fingerprints/dust/dirt/grime on the silver shiny part as this will help the pads wear in groove marks. Also note, alot of the brake pads they are making nowadays are some porcelain crap, and even when new they squeal. Id suggest getting the older type pads.

But yeah, save yourself some bank.
          Dude, people stopped cutting rotors years ago.

There's a reason is a dead art, the average price for a rotor on an average car is around $30. Cutting rotors also makes the caliper piston and the brake pads travel longer which in turn makes the brake pedal travel longer, which slows the braking time. Are you really saving or risking?

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
            Dude, people stopped cutting rotors years ago.

There's a reason is a dead art, the average price for a rotor on an average car is around $30. Cutting rotors also makes the caliper piston and the brake pads travel longer which in turn makes the brake pedal travel longer, which slows the braking time. Are you really saving or risking?
            Lettuce be real tho, cutting rotors only takes millimeters off it, an insignificant difference and one in which one cant tell the difference braking, especially when putting on new pads. Obviously you cant keep turning your rotor, you will eventually have to get a new one.

Im not sure, but i seriously doubt a new rotor is only 30 bucks, especially/specifically when you go to the dealership, especially a foreign cars dealership.

But in anycase, even if you get a new rotor, you are still saving a significant amount by doing the work yourself. Many shops charge what, 50-80 an hr and have an 8 hr mandatory that your car is in the shop? Somebodys gott pay their wages, and even worse their astronomical overhead.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
              and all you have to pay for is parts, a case of beers and you hit him off with some cash and he'll do an excellent job.
              My guy is a legit drug addict, there have been times where he had coke on his nose

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                My guy is a legit drug addict, there have been times where he had coke on his nose
                I believe you, but I bet he does a hell of a job...mine smells like a Bacardi factory

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                  Lettuce be real tho, cutting rotors only takes millimeters off it, an insignificant difference and one in which one cant tell the difference braking, especially when putting on new pads. Obviously you cant keep turning your rotor, you will eventually have to get a new one.

Im not sure, but i seriously doubt a new rotor is only 30 bucks, especially/specifically when you go to the dealership, especially a foreign cars dealership.

But in anycase, even if you get a new rotor, you are still saving a significant amount by doing the work yourself. Many shops charge what, 50-80 an hr and have an 8 hr mandatory that your car is in the shop? Somebodys gott pay their wages, and even worse their astronomical overhead.
                  Yeah but you're cutting away from a rotor which is already worn, then you're cutting from both sides of the rotor, it adds up. Plus after you cut, neither side will ever be even, which will cause one side to be applied faster than the other, causing you're car to pull to one side.

I said $30 being average for the average car, American cars being the average. It also depends what part of the country you live in, parts are a lot cheaper here cause there's more competition, maybe in Seattle stuff is over priced cause the demand isn't as high, I'm not sure.

Most dealer rotors are usually double or triple what after market rotors would cost.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                    Yeah but you're cutting away from a rotor which is already worn, then you're cutting from both sides of the rotor, it adds up. Plus after you cut, neither side will ever be even, which will cause one side to be applied faster than the other, causing you're car to pull to one side.

I said $30 being average for the average car, American cars being the average. It also depends what part of the country you live in, parts are a lot cheaper here cause there's more competition, maybe in Seattle stuff is over priced cause the demand isn't as high, I'm not sure.

Most dealer rotors are usually double or triple what after market rotors would cost.
                    Why you rich son of a b!t ch !!!

Not only are you E-rich !!!

Hell tell the truth. When your brakes go bad you just buy another ride !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
                      Why you rich son of a b!t ch !!!

Not only are you E-rich !!!

Hell tell the truth. When your brakes go bad you just buy another ride !!!
                      Well if isn't the turd of New York, I'm so glad you're team showed their true colors last night, that's why they won't make it anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X