No announcement yet.

*** the official Los Angeles Clippers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by $tate of Mind View Post
    Landry Shamet is going to get so many open 3 point looks. People sleep on him.
    Saw a pic of him hitting the weights recently and he's looking like he added some decent muscle, could really help out his game.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/qnmfnHPn8BQ

Rodney Mcgruder highlights, he was throwing a lot of lobs to Whiteside in this vid, I think he's going to work really well with Trez

Comment

• Is Montrezl's rebounding a problem, not a problem, only if we're nit-picking?

For being such a force and for such an energy guy, you would think Harrell would have better Rebounding Stats.
        6.5 per game (26.3 mins) -- 5.5 in the Playoffs
        8.9 per 36 mins -- 7.5 in the Playoffs
        13.1 Reb% -- 11.6% in the Playoffs

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCer View Post
          Is Montrezl's rebounding a problem, not a problem, only if we're nit-picking?

For being such a force and for such an energy guy, you would think Harrell would have better Rebounding Stats.
          6.5 per game (26.3 mins) -- 5.5 in the Playoffs
          8.9 per 36 mins -- 7.5 in the Playoffs
          13.1 Reb% -- 11.6% in the Playoffs

He's a pretty good offensive rebounder, could be that he's boxing out to allow the guards to get D Rebs to initiate the offense faster, Beverly grabbed 38 boards the final 3 games vs GS

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            He's a pretty good offensive rebounder, could be that he's boxing out to allow the guards to get D Rebs to initiate the offense faster, Beverly grabbed 38 boards the final 3 games vs GS
            Yeah, Beverly averaged 8.0 Rebs/G in the Playoffs. Speaking of GS, Montrezl's stats are similar to Draymond Green's; another not-so-tall, high activity, PF.

Comment

• Comment

I can not wait for the season. Press conference was great!

Comment

• What's the Lineup you expect to see most of?

There are rumblings that Shamet might be playing more Point Guard, which he played at Wichita State, so I have him as back up PG.

PG - Pat Beverley -- Landry Shamet (8th)
                  SG - Paul George -- Lou Williams (6th)
                  SF - Kawhi Leonard -- Maurice Harkless (9th)
                  PF - JaMychal Green -- Mfiondu Kabengele (10th; <9th, by season's end)
                  C - Ivica Zubac -- Montrezl Harrell (7th)

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more minutes/FGA I see for Landry Shamet. Lou's usage will dip, Shamet's will increase.

Landry Shamet (6th)
                  Lou Williams (8th)

Last edited by USMCer; 07-26-2019, 06:17 PM.

Comment

What's the Lineup you expect to see most of?

There are rumblings that Shamet might be playing more Point Guard, which he played at Wichita State, so I have him as back up PG.

PG - Pat Beverley -- Landry Shamet (8th)
                    SG - Paul George -- Lou Williams (6th)
                    SF - Kawhi Leonard -- Maurice Harkless (9th)
                    PF - JaMychal Green -- Mfiondu Kabengele (10th; <9th, by season's end)
                    C - Ivica Zubac -- Montrezl Harrell (7th)
                    Good question, I'm not sure there are so many good options on this team. I think Shamet will start due to his shooting and floor spacing ability. He might come off the bench though. If we go small I can see a starting line-up of Beverly, Shamet, Leonard, George, Zubac. Or we could go Beverly, George, Leonard, Green, Zubac. Some parts are interchangeable and fit seamlessly. Green can start at the 4 or 5 and Harkless is even an option at the 4 occasionaly. To close games I could see a line-up of Beverly, Lou, Leonard, George, and Harrell depending on the match up. That line-up is small but that's the style in today's league and all of those guys can rebound outside of Lou. That line-up has a great combination of offense and defense. Man, to think we could even have a sniper like Shamet out there, just so many options on this team.

Comment

• George might miss the start of the year. If that's the case, I expect to see this starting line-up

Beverly
                      Shamet
                      Leonard
                      Green
                      Zubac

Mo Harkless might start some games at the 4

Comment

Working...
                      X