Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barack Obama, champion of the gay community!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mokmokv2 View Post
    And distorting marriage isn't one of them.

It is impossible to rule a country without God and the Bible - George Washington

That is everything you need to know about the subject good sir.
    I would have thought squealpiggy already beat you out for the count but it seems there is still life in your wobbly knees.

Just face the facts.

God made Adam and Steve. God wants the world to have gay people.

Just deal with it. Gay people have been around since forever.

Comment

right. so what is it that you want, gay marriage or do you want him to fix the economy?

Comment

Originally posted by Anton.Brilliant View Post
        right. so what is it that you want, gay marriage or do you want him to fix the economy?
        Obama's going to 'fix' the economy? Tell me more....

Comment

Originally posted by Xercen View Post
          I would have thought squealpiggy already beat you out for the count but it seems there is still life in your wobbly knees.

Just face the facts.

God made Adam and Steve. God wants the world to have gay people.

Just deal with it. Gay people have been around since forever.
          Obviously (and I didn't mean it as a pun) George Washington is a lot smarter than you are.

That is why the US during his time WAS great.

The facts are simple. The Founding Fathers of the US intended to put the country under God.

Those are all the facts you need to know good sir.

Comment

Oh no you don't.

So you think your ideas are better than your Founding Fathers now eh?
            I'm still working under the assumption that you are trolling and don't actually believe any of this guff, but I'll answer anyway because I am marvelously witty and funny.

There's a strange tendency among some Americans to act as though the "Founding Fathers" were some sort of infallible sorcerers whose every utterance was imbued with a magical wisdom unsurpassed in History. Generally speaking their utterances that disagree with said Americans' worldview, such as Jefferson and Franklin's comments on religion, tend to be ignored and their sayings and quotations are carefully mined for agreement with whatever orthodoxy said American is attempting to support.

One of the benefits of having a country with so little history is that you get to pick a point at which the country was founded. I'm English so obviously we can't do that. We were shaped by a massively complex thread of historical happenings and we can therefore recognise that many of the people who shaped the country were cruel and vicious, selfish and idiotic, as well as being sometimes wise or powerful.

The fact is that the Founding Fathers were often hypocritical and hopelessly demonstrably wrong about things. They were only human and they were a product of their times. But talking about all men being equal while actually owning some men... Well you can't tell me that's the work of an infallible genius.

I see this a lot. The hypocrisy and overall lack of wisdom.

The US is built on strong traditions of faith, integrity and liberty. Your founding fathers envisioned a US which is God-fearing and that is why your country became great.
            They absolutely did not. Countries founded on "god-fearing" are without exception regressive and archaic. Britain was not founded on being god-fearing but during the English Civil War it was. The English Puritans led by Cromwell were regressive and authoritarian. It plunged the nation into a nightmare of puritan drudgery.

Now you're going to spout nonsense about how some of the ideas of your Founding Fathers doesn't quite fit your belief system.
            They don't fit yours. And you're the one that brought them up!

Have a little sense of shame will ya? This mindset is the very reason why your country is going to the dustbin and is now dominated by special interest groups. Too many people became SHEEPLE.
            You mean like people who belief a mythology about a group of 18th century slave owners who didn't want to pay taxes any more?

The family is the basic unit of society. Strengthening it ensures a stronger country (just look at your history).

Distorting it and just look around you. The results are self-evident.
            I'm not sure what "the family" has to do with the founding fathers, or with this conversation.

And distorting marriage isn't one of them.

It is impossible to rule a country without God and the Bible - George Washington

That is everything you need to know about the subject good sir.
            "Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State."

- Thomas Jefferson

Or are you going to argue with one of the Founding Fathers?

Here's the thing: You're trying to appeal to the authority of the Founding Fathers of the United States by claiming that one cannot effectively argue against them. But they had plenty of disagreement with each other! They cannot be infallible because they believed various things that were mutually exclusive.

This is a false dichotomy. Obama does not have to neglect one to address the other.

Obviously (and I didn't mean it as a pun) George Washington is a lot smarter than you are.
            Really? I daresay he was a better general and politician than I am. But I could wipe the floor with him in the field of biology. Or psychology. Or any number of things in which he has no degree of education or learning.

I mean I would agree that Matthew Hopkins, the Witchfinder General was a whole lot smarter than me. Oliver Cromwell was a whole lot smarter than me. Vlad the Impaler was pretty smart, Joseph Stalin was as well. Being smart does not mean that you are right.

That is why the US during his time WAS great.
            [citation needed]

The facts are simple. The Founding Fathers of the US intended to put the country under God.

Those are all the facts you need to know good sir.
            I posted a quote from Jefferson to the contrary of this claim. Trollish prick.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

This is a false dichotomy. Obama does not have to neglect one to address the other.
              who would have thought that to be possible. my point was, ts would probably complain about it too if he had said gay marriage was a top priority.

Comment

who would have thought that to be possible. my point was, ts would probably complain about it too if he had said gay marriage was a top priority.
                True. He would probably claim it was a conspiracy of some sort

Comment

@Sir Squeel

Let's simplify things sir instead of blabbering walls of text.

George Washington, a founding father of the US, believes in God and envisioned a US which is God-fearing.

And this is not meant as an insult to you sir, really there's no comparison.

Between you and George Washington, we both know who's more CREDIBLE.

If you disagree then let's leave it at that good sir.

Comment

I certainly would call obama an idiot if he stated gay marriage was more important than the economy. As it stands, im laughing at everybody else, proclaiming obama as a champion of gay rights, and a big reason why he got a good chunk of votes from a certain demographic. Obama is just doing what politicians do, and nobody has learned their lesson yet.

You just mad youve been trolled by brobama

Comment

Wait a minute, what I read very much sounded like Obama does support gay marriage.......

hahahaha. wtf?

Comment

Working...
                      X