No announcement yet.

Does anyone here drank 40oz's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by controlmachete View Post
    What for? It gets warm before you finish it, the perfect size will always be 12oz, plus that shiet is a malt liquor, exceeds the alcohol volume of beer and tastes like shiet... might as well go for tequila...
    Thats the main problem with them, so you have to down it quick

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      I've only had one beer on cask and that was London Pride which is totally decent. Canada has some really good craft beer. I love La Fin Du Monde. Lug Tread looks like it could be good but that White Lighting looks scary.
      London Pride is not a good one. That should tell you how good cask ale can be! Get yourself a cask Timothy Taylor Landlord or a Pendlewitch or my favourite, Theakston's Old Peculiar. Old Peculiar looks like guinness but it's sweet and malty. Splendid!

There are a lot of decent craft beers from Quebec actually. Fin Du Monde is good but it's hard to deal with the fact that it's like 9% or something. Driving home becomes an issue even after just one! I had a fantastic stout in Quebec City called St-Ambroise Imperial Stout. They are some really yeasty beers.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        London Pride is not a good one. That should tell you how good cask ale can be! Get yourself a cask Timothy Taylor Landlord or a Pendlewitch or my favourite, Theakston's Old Peculiar. Old Peculiar looks like guinness but it's sweet and malty. Splendid!

There are a lot of decent craft beers from Quebec actually. Fin Du Monde is good but it's hard to deal with the fact that it's like 9% or something. Driving home becomes an issue even after just one! I had a fantastic stout in Quebec City called St-Ambroise Imperial Stout. They are some really yeasty beers.
        I've actually had Timothy Taylor Landlord from a bottle which is very rare in New York and something you'd never see on cask. Only certain "craft beer" bars have a cask pump and they are few and far between. And they most likely would have an American option. I'd love to try Fuller's 1845 on cask but I'd have to go to England for that.
        Last edited by Derranged; 11-10-2012, 12:03 PM.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]
          Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          I've actually Timothy Taylor Landlord from a bottle which is very rare in New York and something you'dnever see on cask. Only certain "craft beer" bars have a cask pump and they are few and far between.

Comment

Old English 40oz. back in the days...your really wasn't cool if you didn't, and always poured a little on the side for the brothers who ain't here.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              I drink single malt scotch, some of the manlier cocktails and well brewed beer. My tastes tend towards premium because I can afford premium, and because when I drink I do so to please my palette and not to erase for a few hours the sordid memories of my pathetic life.
              Do tell about the single malts. The top of the line of single malts for me is this. But I am looking for new sigle malts that are off the beaten path.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                [IMG][/IMG]

I don't think that brewery distributes to New York.

Comment

I do all the time one hurricane 40 is only 2.50

Its a cheap way to get drunk

Comment

i drink tall cans

when i'm stoned and drunk and i accidentally drop my beer, i dont wanna clean up any glass

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                      Do tell about the single malts. The top of the line of single malts for me is this. But I am looking for new sigle malts that are off the beaten path.

Laphroaig 10 year is good, I like Bowmore and Talisker. I recently found a less expensive option called McLelland's at $30 a bottle. Usually I drop upwards of $60 on a bottle.

Comment

Working...
                      X