Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your reflections on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    American won the war against Germany, don't forget. It hadn't even really started before they got involved.
    Most Americans are very ignorant when it comes to WWII history but let's also not go the other way on the ignorance either. America played a huge part in the defeat of the Germans and were the biggest driving force behind the defeat of the Japanese in the Pacific.

Also, the U.S were supplying the English with a lot of weapons and goods that were crucial before they were even "officially" involved.

I hate it when Americans act as if they came and saved the day but I also hate it when some Europeans act as if America came into the war and it was already over and they had no part in it.

By the way, Americans didn't develop the internet but they made it commercially viable to the world. Something America has always been good at, perfecting other people's inventions.

Comment

you'd all be speaking jap right now if it wasn't for us!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Yes but since the development was in works for years and the threat was around the same time, that piece of information you posted is really inconsequential.

The bomb was rushed because of that perceived threat. Whether or not the Germans surrendered at that time didn't matter because the U.S had already developed it.
        I was just replying to the non sensical quote below.

They also did not know if Germany had developed the bomb and wanted to beat them to getting it.

Comment

This thread seriously worries me. It's astonishing how much of a Fat Yank it's possible to be. In summary, the thread's like:

"Don't you feel a bit sorry for them Japs? Poor babies, dying in a holocaust."
          "You **** wid da US, you get ****ed up. ****k yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! USA USA USA!!!!"

Note how all the responses have been purely clinical. It suggests a complete lack of human empathy.

Comment

This thread seriously worries me. It's astonishing how much of a Fat Yank it's possible to be. In summary, the thread's like:

"You **** wid da US, you get ****ed up. ****k yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! USA USA USA!!!!"

Note how all the responses have been purely clinical. It suggests a complete lack of human empathy.
            Stop regurgitating your sarcastic wit.

Use it once, if it gets a laugh, don't use it again... because it wont again.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              I was just replying to the non sensical quote below.
              I understand, my bad if I didn't come across clear.

Comment

Make a thread about Colin 'Bomber' Harris's British concept of area-bombing. That could lead to some interesting replies.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  Stop regurgitating your sarcastic wit.

Use it once, if it gets a laugh, don't use it again... because it wont again.
                  I milk them ****ers like daisy the cow. I've used this **** more often than Roy's been shown to have a dodgy chin.

Well, okay. I haven't recycled my jokes that often.

Comment

Most Americans are very ignorant
                    There's one to take out of context.

Comment

I understand, my bad if I didn't come across clear.
                      Its all good.

Comment

Working...
                      X