No announcement yet.

The end of the Republican party?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One_Tycoon View Post
    If 12 million jobs get created (real jobs that is, not phony..seasonal jobs or Census jobs or part-time Infrastructure bill jobs), it will be in spite of Obama's proposals. In this Govt. regulated environment we live in, the Free Market is like an immune system of a drug addict. It's still working and trying to keep you going for the next day, but it's getting slower and slower. The drugs (regulation, potential higher taxation, inflation) are getting in the way of it.

When Romney says that he will create 12 mill jobs, I'm assuming he means that 12 million jobs is what he expects will get created on their own, simply if he eases the way of doing business by getting the hell out of the way. Hence their strategy to use Obama's "You didn't build that" line against him.

The jobs and the productivity build themselves, in isolated incidents... business by business, employer by employer. Not some collective central machine that pumps out millions of jobs all over the place at once, and if that machine fails, all Domino's collapse at once. Usually in the Free Market, if one business fails.... all the others don't necessarily fail as well, as it happens with Banking and other institutions that have close ties to Govt.

well, yes and no

if romney dropped corporate gains taxes (the way he had planned. ~35% down to ~25%) you'd probably see people getting hired pretty uniformly by the companies big enough to experience such a tax cut.

i run a small business, and my rates wouldn't be effected by romney's cuts. the busineses i work with would, however. theres a chance that i'd be doing more business with them, and need more workers, which is essentially the creation of jobs through the tax cut.

as i'm sure you're aware, the best way to speak to a business is through taxes. want to stimulate hiring? lower their costs of operation [taxes]

now of course the process doesn't neccessarily entail the production of american jobs. you could cut taxes for huge corporations and anticipate american job growth, only to see the jobs get shipped off to other countries.

I try not to align myself with either party. the fact remains that some of the people in america who are less fortunate deserve it, and some who are more fortunate are indeed greedy and selfish.

some poor folk are wastes of government support.

some rich folk don't give a f#ck about poor people.

as an owner my responsibility is to ensure the wellbeing of my business first, before i can even think about my workers. if you don't look out for your own interests the ship breaks down.
    Last edited by New England; 11-07-2012, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      well, yes and no

if romney dropped corporate gains taxes (the way he had planned. ~35% down to ~25%) you'd probably see people getting hired pretty uniformly by the companies big enough to experience such a tax cut.

i run a small business, and my rates wouldn't be effected by romney's cuts. the busineses i work with would, however. theres a chance that i'd be doing more business with them, and need more workers, which is essentially the creation of jobs through the tax cut.

as i'm sure you're aware, the best way to speak to a business is through taxes. want to stimulate hiring? lower their costs of operation [taxes]

now of course the process doesn't neccessarily entail the production of american jobs. you could cut taxes for huge corporations and anticipate american job growth, only to see the jobs get shipped off to other countries.

I try not to align myself with either party. the fact remains that some of the people in america who are less fortunate deserve it, and some who are more fortunate are indeed greedy and selfish.

some poor folk are wastes of government support.

some rich folk don't give a f#ck about poor people.

as an owner my responsibility is to ensure the wellbeing of my business first, before i can even think about my workers. if you don't look out for your own interests the ship breaks down.
      What about regulations? You don't have any costs as it related to compliance?

Plenty of businesses complain about this. The amount of resources it costs them in legal fees, just to comply to certain rules. Sometimes something as simple as hiring someone and regulators putting road blocks in that process...to the point that a small business has to put their plans of hiring someone (who they need) on hold.

And I say small business....because a big business/corporation has the resources to comply with all the regulations. Certain corporations even favor these regulations, as it puts their much smaller competitors out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        What we witnessed last night was in my opinion, a severe blow to the Republican party as we knew it.

25-30 years ago, there was a very egocentric view of the world by Americans. We thought the world revolved around us and we created everything and anything worth while.

I think the greatest advent of the 20th century was putting a man on the moon, the second was the internet. Before you laugh at that, think about what the internet has done. Now, putting the **** and death videos aside, most of it is basically filled with free information and facts. The world was once gigantic, expansive and immense. Now the world is small, local and we can reach people in an instant.

That has changed people more than anything else. The old ways of prejudice and bigotry are dying, because the things we were told when we were children, we are finding out are nothing more than lies. That gays are that way because they were abused or into drugs, that black people are all stupid or that women shouldn't have a right to their own bodies.

Instant information due to the internet and social media, has changed that. People don't want those old ideals anymore. They don't want to see issues like immigration as just "deport everyone and build a fence" because they understand the need for cheap labor in a prosperous economy.

Watching the democratic and republican conventions and the Romney and Obama headquarters it was very apparent what the major difference was. When I looked out on the Romeny HQ and the Republican convention, I saw a sea of white........that's not America.

We are all things, brown, black, asian, jew, muslim, christian, atheist, gay, straight, male, female, liberal and conservative. We are many things and until the republican party moves from the far right, they are in serious trouble.

O'Reilly came on Foxnews last night and said "The country is different, the demographics have changed. It's not the same as it was".

Translation: We are not white, male, conservative anymore.

Republicans lost women, hispanics, blacks and the young people. That leaves white people over 65 for the republicans. Not a good sign and they better change or we might never see another republican in office again.
        SO dead that they have the large majority in the house.

Comment

What about regulations? You don't have any costs as it related to compliance?

Plenty of businesses complain about this. The amount of resources it costs them in legal fees, just to comply to certain rules. Sometimes something as simple as hiring someone and regulators putting road blocks in that process...to the point that a small business has to put their plans of hiring someone (who they need) on hold.

And I say small business....because a big business/corporation has the resources to comply with all the regulations. Certain corporations even favor these regulations, as it puts their much smaller competitors out of business.

sure. it's not going to be an ideal situation for everbody obviously, but the more free the industry the industry, the better. that's from the perspective of business, obviously.

Comment

Apparently Skillspaybills has sent me a very angry Red K message, spewing vile, hateful, racist stuff and something about a Obama bucks.

Calm down.....your President was reelected as expected. Behave now.
            some people take politics waaaay to seriously

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              some people take politics waaaay to seriously
              yea like a guy whose only function in this website is to talk capitalism.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                We rule the house so hopefully we will block him from getting anything done,the division in this country has not even started yet and i for one will fight with the right side.
                Seriously, how can you be so blind? We face the fiscal cliff. Something must be done for the good of America. Obama is your President now whether you like it or not! Quit being a child. The same goes for the house.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                  yea like a guy whose only function in this website is to talk capitalism.
                  A boxing website nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                    Seriously, how can you be so blind? We face the fiscal cliff. Something must be done for the good of America. Obama is your President now whether you like it or not! Quit being a child. The same goes for the house.

It's exactly like a child. It's the political equivalent of throwing a tantrum, dropping to the ground, going limp and refusing to get up.

Comment

Absolutely the Republican party is finished. Well in the same way the Democrat party was finished when Ronald Reagan was reelected after winning 49 states.

For those new to politics, only about a third of the Senate was up for reelection, but everyone in the House of Representatives is up every two years. And while Americans chose to keep Barack Obama as their president, they overwhelmingly chose Republicans to represent their individual districts (just as they did in 2010.)
                      Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 11-08-2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X