Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Intermittent Fasting Discussion Thread!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds unhealthy and gimmicky.

Comment

Only b1tches fast

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
        Sounds unhealthy and gimmicky.
        I would advise you to watch this:

Comment

All Diets are gimmicks. Eating right and light exercise is all you need. People need to change their lifestyle instead of dieting

Comment

Originally posted by -cupo- View Post
            I would advise you to watch this:

I actually have a 5 minute YouTube cutoff time. I can't watch videos longer than 5 minutes. Looks interesting, doe.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
              All Diets are gimmicks. Eating right and light exercise is all you need. People need to change their lifestyle instead of dieting
              It's not really a diet, it's a time window on when to eat and not to eat, which gives you more freedom to enjoy foods, instead of the usual micky mouse dieting, with little meals throughout the day.

I'm on the 16-8 cycle. 16 hours of not eating, and a 8 hour window where you do eat and eat well.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                I actually have a 5 minute YouTube cutoff time. I can't watch videos longer than 5 minutes. Looks interesting, doe.
                If you watch 5 minutes per day for 7 days, you will get through the whole video.

Comment

Originally posted by -cupo- View Post
                  If you watch 5 minutes per day for 7 days, you will get through the whole video.
                  It doesn't work that way. If the video is longer than 5 minutes I just can't get excited enough to watch it. It's just too long. My cutoff time used to be 3 minutes but it's been raised to 5. That's a good spot for now.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                    It's not a diet, it's an eating pattern. Easiest way to cut weight IMO. Plus fasted workouts are da ****.

Comment

I did this a few years back when I was drastically out of shape. Lost a nice % of weight with relative ease. Its a more of a rebooting of your eating schedule than a diet. Been thinking about doing it again, but with my schedule these days I think I'd find it much harder to stay in tune with a eating window.

When I did it I started with an 8hr window & eventually got down to a 4hr or 5hr window. At the height of doing it I'd swear I could feel weight being burned off over the course of a day. Fascinating stuff how this works & how our bodies work in ways you might not imagine they would.

I tend to think this is more of the way people should eat to be healthier. I think its bad for the body to be constantly in the process of digesting food that a 3+ meal a day typical diet commands, but good luck trying to convince people 3+ meals a day isn't the way to go after they've done it their whole lives.

Comment

Working...
                      X