No announcement yet.

My Top 10 Actors of All-Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    What Daniel Day Lewis movies should i watch?.

I haven't seen a single one yet everyone seems to be masturbating over him.
    Gangs of New York and There Will Be Blood are my two favorites by him.

I saw someone mention De Vito, really???

I can add Seymour Hoffman, definitely a potential ATG actor and an oversight on my part. Gene Hackman was good, but I was never personally a big fan of him. He definitely could go along side an honorable mention with Freeman, Crowe, Poitier, etc.

And as noted in the original post, I didn't use actors from before the 50's era with Brando, Poitier, Newman, etc. I just can't get into moves from back then, and the acting was at many times so over the top, the films just weren't very good in my eyes. But like I said in the original post, sorry if that offends anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Well the best movies in the world come from the USA and England, 99.9% of the time. I'm sorry but that's how most feel.
      That is how most of American think, not the whole world. USA is not the center of the Universe. Because you cant understand a language doesn't mean that the movies are not great. An example, spanish being my first language, is a guy like Gael Garcia Bernal who is a very talented actor not from the US or UK (England is just one of). There are 7 Billion people in the world, not 300 Million.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        no love for the old guys?

Christopher Lee in the Top 10 or honorable mention???? No thanks. McKellen is good, but again I don't think he has the resume of others mentioned, and was in as many good films.

I'll take other actors from the UK like Hopkins and Caine over those two any day.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
          That is how most of American think, not the whole world. USA is not the center of the Universe. Because you cant understand a language doesn't mean that the movies are not great. An example, spanish being my first language, is a guy like Gael Garcia Bernal who is a very talented actor not from the US or UK (England is just one of). There are 7 Billion people in the world, not 300 Million.
          I'm talking film, not where the actors are from. Most actors who become great and house hold names, act in England/UK or the USA. Had Benicio Del Toro kept his strong momentum from the late 90's/early 00's going, he definitely could have been on the potential list.

I know who he is, the guy who is going to play Duran, and he's been in mostly American films the last couple years, and is shooting films mostly American made. He was also originally suppose to be in a Scorsese movie, Silence, along with Daniel Day Lewis in 2013/2014. But that may have been scrapped, I'm not sure.

But even Bernal, he hasn't done even close to enough to be considered a potential ATG.

Comment

Gary Oldman
            Jack Nicholson
            Al Pacino
            Robert De Niro
            Morgan Freeman
            Edward Norton
            Tom Hanks
            Kevin Spacey
            Denzel Washington
            Brad Pitt

Comment

In no order:

Daniel Day Lewis
              Kevin Specey
              Jeff Bridges
              De Niro
              Harvey Kietel
              Brad Pitt (if you look at his resume, its pretty stacked)
              Ruseel Crowe
              Gary Oldman

I think Ryan Gosling has potential to go down as ATG. The Believer is a great film.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                In no order:

Daniel Day Lewis
                Kevin Specey
                Jeff Bridges
                De Niro
                Harvey Kietel
                Brad Pitt (if you look at his resume, its pretty stacked)
                Ruseel Crowe
                Gary Oldman

I think Ryan Gosling has potential to go down as ATG. The Believer is a great film.
                I put Pitt into my potential list. He's had some damn good films. Seven, Fight Club, Inglourious Basterds, Babel, Moneyball, Twelve Monkeys, Snatch, Asassination of Jesse James....., and Curious Case Of Benjamin Button. I was getting worried when he went on Oceans, Mr and Ms Smith, and Troy run there though. But then he came back strong with Babel.

I can't wait to see Killing Them Softly. It's gotten some great reviews so far.

Comment

Hasn't been mentioned yet, but my favorite actor of all time is Christopher Walken. Every moment he is on screen it's impossible to look away from. To prove exactly this point, there's a youtube video of him reading "The Three Little Pigs", and it's absolutely classic. lol

Close second is Daniel Day-Lewis. Someone asked what to watch of him. There Will Be Blood was good, especially the ending, but not his best. Check out The Crucible, My Left Foot, and In the Name of the Father. Lincoln should be interesting.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman annoys the **** out of me. I just see him always trying to suck on Dirk's goods in Boogie Nights.

Comment

Christopher Lee in the Top 10 or honorable mention???? No thanks. McKellen is good, but again I don't think he has the resume of others mentioned, and was in as many good films.

I'll take other actors from the UK like Hopkins and Caine over those two any day.
                    Oh, I thought it was best actor, not best Holywood movie star

Comment

Well the best movies in the world come from the USA and England, 99.9% of the time. I'm sorry but that's how most feel.
                      I like your list okay, but if you were to read the most-regarded movies of film critics, it would be far more international.

Comment

Working...
                      X