Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I swear NBA fans know more about bball...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
    I can't tell if you're incredibly dumb or incredibly good at trolling. You said BEST SG RIGHT NOW. If he wins the next 5 MVP's, he'll be the best player in the NBA, let alone the best SG, dummy. But even then, Kobe & Wade>Harden until he proves otherwise.

And LMAO at one fuccin' game and you already crowning him this season.
    incredibly dumb

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      It was against a lottery team lol, one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA as well.

I just don't think a player that got shutdown in the Finals deserves the max, playoffs>>>>>>>>RS.
      Harden didn't get shutdown in the finals. Harden had no problem scoring when he was allowed to score. the only person who shut Harden down was Westbrook.
      Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
      I can't tell if you're incredibly dumb or incredibly good at trolling. You said BEST SG RIGHT NOW. If he wins the next 5 MVP's, he'll be the best player in the NBA, let alone the best SG, dummy. But even then, Kobe & Wade>Harden until he proves otherwise.

And LMAO at one fuccin' game and you already crowning him this season.
      I'm not crowning him as an mvp. I dont' think he'll win an mvp as long as Lebron is in the league and as long as he is on the Rockets.

And I said Harden was the best SG even before last nights game. This isn't 2009. Wade isn't playing at that level anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        those guys are just dumb.

the kind of ******s who think harden is the best sg.
        Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        he's the best and he's an ATG...did you see what he did to powerhouse Detroit??
        the diff between me and you guys is, I don't wait for ESPN to tell me who's the best. I actually watch games and judge for myself.

Its funny how I watch Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless say something then I come on here and I see you guys saying the EXACT same thing. Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          incredibly dumb
          Watch ya tone, when you talk to my boi K-swizzle.

P.S. 0-3 hahahahahaha

Comment

Than most team's front offices! Every single year we see players handed out ****ty contracts, or absolutely terrible trades.

Anyways here it is:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

James Harden has agreed to a 5 year, $80 million deal with Houston.

Lol Rockets. A max contract for him? Really?
            & that's why you're a fan and not a GM.

if a player shows enough promise and upside and has the pedigree (high draft pick) has all the physicals, and has the numbers to back it up or potential to hit those numbers you give him a a max contract.

how many lebrons, kobes, and howards are out there ie true legitimate franchise players? How many teams are in the nba?

If each team can ideally give out two max contracts and there's only so many true francise players out there, you as a general manager, if you want to keep your job, have no choice but to give out max contracts to players who are not really true franchise players but are close enough because otherwise you will not win in this league.

The owner and fanbase will look at you and say why are you not spending money and why are you not paying so and so player the money when you have that allotment?

That's why players like roy hibbert, danny granger, deron williams, joe johnson and now james harden get max contracts. Not everybody is lebron, kobe, and durant.

FFS, gilbert arenas got a max deal. rashard lewis got a max deal. Why? If your otis smith and you want to keep you job and rashard is integral to your team success despite the fact that he's not a real franchise player, you give him the money and dont worry if you overpay because you're still winning despite the fact that rashard lewis is not a real franchise player.

That's why Daryl Morey (arguably the best gm in the nba) paid harden the max. If morey thinks like a fan (TS) and says im not gonna pay and trade for harden because he's not a real franchise player and im gonna wait, you might not have a job. Can you imagine this rocket team without harden?
            Look how hard the rockets fell off when harden or lin were off the court.

Harden's potential and upside along with what he has proven statistically and analytically are worth a max contract especially to a team like the rockets who dont have a chance at a lebron franchise level player.

15 other teams would have done the same thing.

Stop thinking like a fan and think like a general manger who wants to have job.

Comment

He was probably the 3rd best player on his team and shat his pants in the Finals, he also had the luxury of playing aside two great offensive players that created a lot of shots for him as well as diverted attention away from him.

I don't see how he's worth the max, teams will be focused on stopping him, I think we will see a drop in his numbers this year.
              i honestly rather have hardin than westbrook any day

Comment

Anyone watch that Spurs-Thunder game? Russell Westbrook was a joke tonight. Shouldve bounced his ass out of town and kept Harden.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                  Harden didn't get shutdown in the finals. Harden had no problem scoring when he was allowed to score. the only person who shut Harden down was Westbrook.

I'm not crowning him as an mvp. I dont' think he'll win an mvp as long as Lebron is in the league and as long as he is on the Rockets.

And I said Harden was the best SG even before last nights game. This isn't 2009. Wade isn't playing at that level anymore.
                  If Harden was on the Heat hed be coming off the bench as Wades back up no?

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                    & that's why you're a fan and not a GM.

if a player shows enough promise and upside and has the pedigree (high draft pick) has all the physicals, and has the numbers to back it up or potential to hit those numbers you give him a a max contract.

how many lebrons, kobes, and howards are out there ie true legitimate franchise players? How many teams are in the nba?

If each team can ideally give out two max contracts and there's only so many true francise players out there, you as a general manager, if you want to keep your job, have no choice but to give out max contracts to players who are not really true franchise players but are close enough because otherwise you will not win in this league.

The owner and fanbase will look at you and say why are you not spending money and why are you not paying so and so player the money when you have that allotment?

That's why players like roy hibbert, danny granger, deron williams, joe johnson and now james harden get max contracts. Not everybody is lebron, kobe, and durant.

FFS, gilbert arenas got a max deal. rashard lewis got a max deal. Why? If your otis smith and you want to keep you job and rashard is integral to your team success despite the fact that he's not a real franchise player, you give him the money and dont worry if you overpay because you're still winning despite the fact that rashard lewis is not a real franchise player.

That's why Daryl Morey (arguably the best gm in the nba) paid harden the max. If morey thinks like a fan (TS) and says im not gonna pay and trade for harden because he's not a real franchise player and im gonna wait, you might not have a job. Can you imagine this rocket team without harden?
                    Look how hard the rockets fell off when harden or lin were off the court.

Harden's potential and upside along with what he has proven statistically and analytically are worth a max contract especially to a team like the rockets who dont have a chance at a lebron franchise level player.

15 other teams would have done the same thing.

Stop thinking like a fan and think like a general manger who wants to have job.
                    end thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burner View Post
                      If Harden was on the Heat hed be coming off the bench as Wades back up no?
                      I don't get the hypothetical point you're trying to make.

whether what you're saying is true or not doesn't help the argument.

Sefolosha started all of last season over Harden, is Sef better than Harden? no.

Comment

Working...
                      X