No announcement yet.

Disney making new STAR WARS movies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
    but what makes you think disneys goin to do to make them better films? in my opinion disney is just goin to water down the action and make it more family freindly.
    Might be worth it if they can make it so teh plot and story are as shit as they were for teh prequels.

Comment

Ya know what, if Boba Fett is in it, it will be an ATG movie.

Boba Fett

Comment

the thought of starwars in the hands of people like joss whedon and brad bird makes me giggle with geeky anticipation...

Comment

but what makes you think disneys goin to do to make them better films? in my opinion disney is just goin to water down the action and make it more family freindly.
          I don't see what you're basing this on. Disney own Touchstone and Miramax. Miramax! They put out Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction!

No I don't think there's a danger of Disney fucking up Star Wars any more than Lucas did, and probably given their track record of making movies that p[eople want to see, they could do a damn good job. Maybe they should remake the prequels.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            Yes, it was only budget constraints and a stand out performance from Harrison Ford that saved star wars from being ****.

In the second trilogy lucas ran rampant with the cheque book and ****ed it up big time

Just proving that George lucas is an accidental genius who doesn't understand his own creation
            Bingo.

This deal works out for everyone. Lucas makes some more money off the rights and Disney can try and salvage what's left.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
                oh good lord

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                  I did take that into consideration when I made that post. I also took into consideration the $300+ mill it will take to make each movie.

Lucas made $7 billion in over 30 years of the franchise(including Indiana Jones), and you expect Disney to make $4 Billion with just 1 movie? not gonna happen.
                  Obviously not, but Disney is in it for the long run. It was a good deal for both parties IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                    you mean 4 & 5? 6 also wasn't that great....

but it seems like disney is taking over... marvel comics and now lucasfilm. plus they have pixar...

"a new hope" is the first star wars movie. even when it was released decades ago, it was titled "episode four"

lucas wrote the story with the intention of releasing a series of prequels.

the prequels are episodes 1-3. 1 was OK. two was wretched. and three was again, OK.

four and five ( "a new hope," and "the empire strikes back,") are classics.

Comment

You do know that Disney owns Marvel right? They have made pretty good movies such as the Avengers, Iron Man, TASM, and X-Men: First Class. And anyways, the Star Wars films were always pretty family orientated and not overly violent to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                      X