No announcement yet.

***The Official Gun/Ammo Thread***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    You a chubby chaser, Ric? Nothing wrong with that. More cushion for the pushin.
    Me???????? fuk nah.....im out brah........what would make you ask me that?? hahahah......I was just showing the broad they were talkin bout.....I wouldn't touch that large broad with your penis brah......ahahhaha

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      I was in Arizona, Phoenix area about a year ago. There were soccer moms packing at the supermarket.
      Gotta love Soccer Moms

Here in VA. plenty of people open carry, don't know if there's an ordnance against it being loaded, but if you really think about it, if it ain't loaded, what's the use.

I have a concealed permit ... so you can count on mine being hot, when I do carry.

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
        Its the one on the vid I posted in the opening post....it their basic 1911 .45 model...that will be my start off point....once I get more comfortable with owing guns I plan to get one or two more...

The Rock Island Armory (RIA) M1911A1 is an excellent “first gun” for someone who wants to try out the M1911 platform without over-committing resources.

This gun is very similar to the original GI M1911A1 except for the flat mainspring housing on the RIA.

The pistol is forged steel and made in the Philippines. The slides are hand fitted in the factory and some hand fitting is also done on the internals so that they all have a trigger pull between 4 and 5 pounds. From out of the box, it will eat almost any ammo without any FTF (failure to feed).

Good choice, but I advice you to know that gun very well.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
          Gotta love Soccer Moms

Here in VA. plenty of people open carry, don't know if there's an ordnance against it being loaded, but if you really think about it, if it ain't loaded, what's the use.

I have a concealed permit ... so you can count on mine being hot, when I do carry.

Many law enforcers carry their 1911 guns that way. We call that "condition one" or locked and c0cked" and round in chamber. Some guns including the 1911 models are designed to be carried in such manner.

I personally, don't carry my 1911 or any pistol on "condition one"method. I prefer the "condition four" (hammer down on empty chamber) due to the many incidents associated with accidental discharge on the locked and c0cked" mode.

I've lost count of how many law enforcers and expert shooters known to me personally who experienced accidental discharge due to "condition one".

Nevertheless, whatever "carry" mode you wish to use is okay as long as you spend many hours practicing it.
          Last edited by Daniel Alpha; 10-24-2012, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
            The Rock Island Armory (RIA) M1911A1 is an excellent “first gun” for someone who wants to try out the M1911 platform without over-committing resources.

This gun is very similar to the original GI M1911A1 except for the flat mainspring housing on the RIA.

The pistol is forged steel and made in the Philippines. The slides are hand fitted in the factory and some hand fitting is also done on the internals so that they all have a trigger pull between 4 and 5 pounds. From out of the box, it will eat almost any ammo without any FTF (failure to feed).

Good choice, but I advice you to know that gun very well.
            yeah I pretty much have read up on all you said already (prior to making my purchase) and my two other buddies are gun freaks and know they biz so ill be counting on them to show me the ropes at first....can't wait to head out to the range at the end of the month though!!!!

Comment

I think Rick is the king of ***Official*** threads.

How many of them do you have, son?

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                I think Rick is the king of ***Official*** threads.

How many of them do you have, son?
                hahah I "officialy" have a *****load but only like 4 or 5 have stuck....ahhaha

Comment

Hey thought I'd share a great link for shooters ... Check it out.

http://pistol-training.com/drills

Comment

Top Ten Reasons Why Men Prefer Guns Over Women...

And here we go...

#10 - You can trade an old 44 for a new 22.

#9 - You can keep one gun at home and have another for when you're on the road.

#8 - If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he will probably let you try it out a few times.

#7 - Your primary gun doesn't mind if you keep another gun for a backup.

#6 - Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo.

#5 - A gun doesn't take up a lot of closet space.

#4 - Guns function normally every day of the month.

#3 - A gun doesn't ask, "Do these new grips make me look fat?"

#2 - A gun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use it.
                    And the Number One reason

Why Men Prefer Guns Over Women.....

#1 - You can buy a silencer for a gun!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
                      Top Ten Reasons Why Men Prefer Guns Over Women...

And here we go...

#10 - You can trade an old 44 for a new 22.

#9 - You can keep one gun at home and have another for when you're on the road.

#8 - If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he will probably let you try it out a few times.

#7 - Your primary gun doesn't mind if you keep another gun for a backup.

#6 - Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo.

#5 - A gun doesn't take up a lot of closet space.

#4 - Guns function normally every day of the month.

#3 - A gun doesn't ask, "Do these new grips make me look fat?"

#2 - A gun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use it.
                      And the Number One reason

Why Men Prefer Guns Over Women.....

#1 - You can buy a silencer for a gun!
                      ahahha so funny....yet so true.....

Comment

Working...
                      X