Collapse
No announcement yet.

***The Official Gun/Ammo Thread***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just hopped on board with this stuff recently. over the last two months i bought the glock 19x and the remington tak 14. going to get a heavy barrel (whatever the hell that is) ar15 w/ the rail and eotech and then a smaller EDC, dealing with guns gets expensive quick.

the process to get a handgun here in MD was awful. they don't tell you this but if you get a gun in MD you CANNOT have a medical marijuana card.

anyway, can't wait to get that ar15 and possibly build myself but ... any of you fools have a trijicon or eotech for sale

Comment

• Originally posted by baya View Post
      i just hopped on board with this stuff recently. over the last two months i bought the glock 19x and the remington tak 14. going to get a heavy barrel (whatever the hell that is) ar15 w/ the rail and eotech and then a smaller EDC, dealing with guns gets expensive quick.

the process to get a handgun here in MD was awful. they don't tell you this but if you get a gun in MD you CANNOT have a medical marijuana card.

anyway, can't wait to get that ar15 and possibly build myself but ... any of you fools have a trijicon or eotech for sale
      Heavier the barrel the more rounds before it gets too hot and less accurate

Trijicon ? Acog?

Too expensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        Heavier the barrel the more rounds before it gets too hot and less accurate

Trijicon ? Acog?

Too expensive.
        so not worth it in your opinion? what's a good one that won't hurt me too bad?

in MD, the state police say that you need a hbar for your AR15, but they provide absolutely no specifications for it, so by virtue of any fabricator marketing the rod as an hbar (per my understanding) alleviates that requirement by the state police.

what's up, you don't do any of the picatinny rails on your ar's?

Comment

• Originally posted by baya View Post
          so not worth it in your opinion? what's a good one that won't hurt me too bad?

in MD, the state police say that you need a hbar for your AR15, but they provide absolutely no specifications for it, so by virtue of any fabricator marketing the rod as an hbar (per my understanding) alleviates that requirement by the state police.

what's up, you don't do any of the picatinny rails on your ar's?
          The old m-16/m-16a1, early ar-15 had very thin barrels

M-16a2 and ar-15 hbar and later had heavier barrels

It has positives and negatives. Lightness vs accuracy/durability

The heavier the barrel the more rounds before it gets too hot. Too hot and your accuracy falls.

Comment

• All my ar has picatinny rails

Almost every ar 2000s and later has it

These 2 has a full length rails on top of receiver and handguard. Also the handguard is a keymod. You can attach lil rails throughout it if you want.

(Left) rails on receiver and gas block

(Center) rail on receiver

(Right) rail on receiver and option to attach small rails on magpul moe stock

Comment

• I'm an AK/SKS guy

All those AR I just got this year and haven't fixed any up. They're as I got them still.

Maybe later I'll fix them up when I have a chance.

Just get new stocks.

Maybe put a cheap Burris trs-25 red dot on them. Attach a flashlight.

Nothing crazy. I'm not one of those guys that attach all kinds of junk on their guns just to attach it

Comment

• Trijicon acog are pricey around $1000 all the way up to $3-4,000.

They got the name and govt contracts that's why.

Better to just buy more ARs and cheap scopes with that money imo.

Get yourself a nice AR with a decent scope and a bunch of cheap ARs with cheap red dot sights.

The nice one if for you and you can outfit it real nice. The cheap ones are for handing out. If ever there's an emergency. Riot, natural disaster, zombies lol, etc. You can hand it to friends and family and anyone can aim with a red dot.

Comment

• Bushnell dots work great for the price. I have a few and one that's 11 years old still holds zero.

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
                    Bushnell dots work great for the price. I have a few and one that's 11 years old still holds zero.
                    That's another good one.

Most ppl and most guns are just a waste on very expensive scopes.

Get a good quality even if cheap scope and you're good to go.

Comment

• Actually trs-25 I mentioned are bushnells not Burris. Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X