Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 times more Lebanese origin folk live outside Lebanon then within it...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To note, my major is actually political economy. In the US, economics is all very orthodox. It is mostly based on mathematical modeling. I think this sort of research is valuable, and important. It's just not my particular specialty. But of course, I study it and understand it.

Marxism is a bad word in the US. But, I refer to the theoretical approach, within the context of economics.

Not saying that I am myself a Marxist (I haven't studied enough Marx yet to say I am, for one thing), but it is one major approach.

Comment

Let me just recommend one guy. Anyone interested, look up David Harvey. He's a geographer at City University of New York. He's the most cited geographer in the world, and he is predominately Marxist in his approach. He has many videos of his commentaries available on youtube, for example. He also has written many books, and they're fairly easy reading, actually, as he breaks his contents down pretty well to be easily understood.
      Last edited by Drunken Cat; 10-20-2012, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
        Let me just recommend one guy. Anyone interested, look up David Harvey. He's a geographer at City University of New York. He's the most cited geographer in the world, and he is predominately Marxist in his approach. He has many videos of his commentaries available on youtube, for example. He also has written many books, and they're fairly easy reading, actually, as he breaks his contents down pretty well to be easily understood.

im gonna look it up.

do you experience culture shock/reverse culture shock?

Comment

Originally posted by Shamanism View Post
          im gonna look it up.

do you experience culture shock/reverse culture shock?
          I have experienced a little culture shock, but after being here 3 years, not so much.

I went back to the US this past March. I wouldn't describe it as reverse-culture shock or anything, but it is certainly a different scene. Takes a couple days to get use to it, for sure.

Comment

It's all good. I can see how that is an exceedingly cynical commentary. But not very fact based, imo.
            well I don't see why any of them would make that up. this seems to be the common knowledge in the Lebanese community.

where are you getting your info from since you think you know it all.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
              well I don't see why any of them would make that up. this seems to be the common knowledge in the Lebanese community.

where are you getting your info from since you think you know it all.
              Well, it is certainly very exaggerated.

And the idea that Christians are fleeing en mass because of a massive influx of Islamic Palestinians is really quite a comedy sketch.

Comment

I have experienced a little culture shock, but after being here 3 years, not so much.

I went back to the US this past March. I wouldn't describe it as reverse-culture shock or anything, but it is certainly a different scene. Takes a couple days to get use to it, for sure.
                i see. are japanese people really private and quiet?

Comment

i see. are japanese people really private and quiet?
                  Quiet, yes. Private? I wouldn't say so.

This is something I'm still figuring out. But I find that if you approach a Japanese person, they are really ready to open up and be your good friend. They are just shy about talking to strangers or people they don't already know.

Comment

Quiet, yes. Private? I wouldn't say so.

This is something I'm still figuring out. But I find that if you approach a Japanese person, they are really ready to open up and be your good friend. They are just shy about talking to strangers or people they don't already know.

give us some example of your own experience with the difference of japanese and american cluture

Comment

give us some example of your own experience with the difference of japanese and american cluture
                      Not really sure what you're looking for.

Comment

Working...
                      X