Space Jump 23 Mile Sky Dive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i can imagine that being quite pricey..
    Yeah getting certified is expensive. Once you get certified and can jump on your own without instructors, it's not so bad. If you have your own chute an can pack it yourself, which requires more extensive training, it's even less. You're basically just paying for fuel at that point.

I guess if you put it in perspective, it's not crazy. I mean if you go and buy new skis, boots and a season pass, you're easily spending over a grand.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
      Yeah getting certified is expensive. Once you get certified and can jump on your own without instructors, it's not so bad. If you have your own chute an can pack it yourself, which requires more extensive training, it's even less. You're basically just paying for fuel at that point.

I guess if you put it in perspective, it's not crazy. I mean if you go and buy new skis, boots and a season pass, you're easily spending over a grand.

oops

got the 2010 model with some nice fisher race bindings on these bad boys. 16 din.
      they're GS skis. i got them in 180cm

the plan is to go fast as f#ck.

Comment

Red Bull Stratos - Felix Baumgartner On Board ( Helmet ) Cam [full HD] Freefall Jump 128000 Ft

Comment

oops

got the 2010 model with some nice fisher race bindings on these bad boys. 16 din.
          they're GS skis. i got them in 180cm

the plan is to go fast as f#ck.
          Nice! I got these bad boys a year and a half ago. They are fat and have a rocker tip with a traditional tail. I love them!

186 CM long

115 under foot
          135 at the tail
          142 at the tip.

Comment

Nice! I got these bad boys a year and a half ago. They are fat and have a rocker tip with a traditional tail. I love them!

186 CM long

115 under foot
            135 at the tail
            142 at the tip.

Are those ramps? they look nice. the "peacepipe?"

i've got the ground hog in 179!

it's my powder ski. my gusta.

got the same tyrolia bindings, on it, too. 15 din.

they really cruise when the snow is deep.
            Last edited by New England; 10-15-2012, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Are those ramps? they look nice. the "peacepipe?"

i've got the woodchuck in 179!

it's my powder ski. my gusta.

got the same tyrolia bindings, on it, too. 15 din.

they really cruise when the snow is deep.
              Yeah, exactly. I love those things! They are awesome in the powder and they actually rip really well on groomers, believe it or not. You're the first person I "know" that has Ramps. I turned a lot of heads with these things in my area. When I went to UT a year and a half a go, a lot of people knew about them but not many do back home.

Comment

When I saw the video I was shocked.

Comment

Yeah I had to take a full day class before my first jump. I made it to level 3. There are 7 levels you must complete before you are certified. It is expensive man! I spent a lot on it that summer and just haven't been since. I have the video of my first jump on YouTube.

The initial cost might be pricey since you have to pay for all the training cost and rent of parachute gears, etc. Expenses after which, are relatively reasonable.

I remember spending a total of $5,300 (beginner's rig) on a complete gear and accessories. After that, I basically just pay for the plane and fuel, … and food . It's a lot more affordable if you jump with friends.
                  Had 156 jumps when I stopped to pursue a new found passion.
                  Last edited by Daniel Alpha; 10-17-2012, 12:52 AM.

Comment

I've just discovered that he's also the first guy to race an airplane and WIN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Io1DgObCs

Last edited by gandhalf; 10-17-2012, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X