Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you one of those people that says "blame the owners not the dog" for pitbulls?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is tamed. But will you let these kids treat the dog like a horse?

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ving-room.html

I've seen tons of cases like this. A responsible person gets a Pit as a puppy and raises and trains it well, yet one day it still attacks with devastating effects. In cases like this there are no excuses, nothing can be said from these hardcore Pitbull fanatics(ironically the woman who was mauled to death in the story was a member of a group that advocates Pits)

Comment

Not the dogs fault!

Comment

Guess we should have a Golden Retriever ban as well.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012...-beautiful-dog

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/a...lls-Thai-owner

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            and Pomeranians too.

Comment

Yaman was denied a pit bull pup growing up

Comment

I hate Pits but i grew up around mean ones,i have seen docile ones but it is not common they are aggressive dogs that like to nip and headbutt you.

Comment

Originally posted by GolovkinTheGoat View Post
                  I suppose you cannot place blame on a owner for their dog's personality. However, it is the responsibility of the owner to make measurable steps to ensure the safety of others. For example if you knew your dog had a habit of snapping at strangers, it is your responsibility to ensure a muzzle is warn when you take the dog on public property.
                  if your pit bull is an adult and it "snaps at people" it should be put down.

Comment

Any dog can turn doesn't matter the breed or the temperament there's story's of Labradors and Border Collies etc suddenly switching and mauling kids faces off.

Of course some dogs are naturally more aggressive than others and the way you bring the dogs up also has a big effect but it only takes an instant.

Owners have a responsibility especially if there dogs around children but any dog that attacks for little or no reason should be put down.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                      Any dog can turn doesn't matter the breed or the temperament there's story's of Labradors and Border Collies etc suddenly switching and mauling kids faces off.

Of course some dogs are naturally more aggressive than others and the way you bring the dogs up also has a big effect but it only takes an instant.

Owners have a responsibility especially if there dogs around children but any dog that attacks for little or no reason should be put down.

fine points. the border collie was bred for herding, i believe. labs are working dogs / retrievers.

pit bulls were bred first for bull baiting (fighting/exhausting bulls to death in a pit,) and then to fight against other dogs to the death.

they carry with them the history of their breed on some level. all dogs do. there's a temperament that comes with that sort of violent lineage. and there's the weaponry.

Comment

Working...
                      X