• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
    Will you eat cat meat?

How about rat meat?

They are not in the endangered list.
    I might. I guess it depends on how it is prepared.

For example, if it is battered and fried, it could be quite delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      Maybe you can answer this...does oregano come from Oregon?
      I would guess no, but I have no knowledge in regards to the indigenous origins of oregano.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
        I might. I guess it depends on how it is prepared.

For example, if it is battered and fried, it could be quite delicious.
        cat meat = siopao True story bro

rat meat is a delicacy in rural places in S.E.Asia. not buttered but fried to crisp. Some prefer them barbequed.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
          cat meat = siopao True story bro

rat meat is a delicacy in rural places in S.E.Asia. not buttered but fried to crisp. Some prefer them barbequed.
          I had to do a google search on siopao, but I can indeed see how that's one way to enjoy it.

I just mentioned the battered-and-fried as an example. I don't know how to cook cat.

Comment

Have you guys eaten any exotic animal meat?? What animal and how did it taste?

Comment

What i never understood is why fish isnt considered "meat"

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                no. fish have feelings.

but i'll eat them anyways.
                I agree, chap.

Comment

i think that might've been an analogy. kurt like to play with imagery in his words. his astrological sign was pisces so.......

Comment

Originally posted by subhuman View Post
                    Have you guys eaten any exotic animal meat?? What animal and how did it taste?
                    I've had a lot of exotic meats.

Ones I have the most experience with, and actually cooking myself (although not considered exotic in a lot of places): Deer, and squirrel.

I can make a MEAN deer burger, and a deer teriyaki jerky. The jerky is my favorite snack food all time. The gamey taste of the deer, contrasted with the sweet, and tanginess of the teriyaki is just heavenly. . . Don't want to overdo it with the teriyaki, though - you want to be able to enjoy that gamey taste the deer provides.

A plain ole deer patty is really not that far off from a hamburger as far as the texture of the meat; the taste is more unique, though. Deer is a very lean meat, so you'll want to make sure to marinade it in a little olive oil if you're grilling it, or I prefer to pan fry it, so I just use butter, or oil (a luxury is if you have TRUFFLE OIL - that makes it very nice), and a touch of sea salt, and pepper. I like to taste the deer as much as possible. Just a very gamey taste - like a gamey roast beef almost. It's really quite nice. Nothing you need an acquired taste for or anything like that.

Squirrel is best prepared in a stew, IMO. Just like you would a regular ole beef stew (same ingredients), except I was taught to roll the squirrel in some batter first (seasoned/spiced flour), and then pan-fry it in a little with some oil, and butter. Squirrel is a dark meat, and the texture is somewhat similar to chicken, but the taste is not similar at all. It has a texture comparable to chicken, but a little but "chewier." It has a wild gamey flavor to it as well - very nice, and very "natural" (no feed hormones, etc.). It's important the person knows what they are doing, if you overcook it, it will be too dry.

I hate people who talk **** about hunting like it's cruel. It's much more humane than how the animals died that provide the meat for what you buy in the grocery store. Animals who lived their lives on "factory farms" in cramped stalls, and likely were treated with cruelty.
                    Last edited by UglyPug; 10-08-2012, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      What i never understood is why fish isnt considered "meat"
                      Always wondered myself.
                      Wiki;
                      Meat is animal flesh that is used as food.[48] Most often, this means the skeletal muscle and associated fat, but it may also describe other edible organs and tissues.[48] The term "meat" is used by the meat packing industry in a more restrictive sense—the flesh of mammalian species (pigs, cattle, etc.) raised and prepared for human consumption, to the exclusion of fish and poultry.

Then there is what religions say. The Jews have some complicated nonsense about what they can and cant eat, but with Christians, the bible says that only land animals are considered meat, and water animals (fish) arent meat. Or some crap.
                      But then there is chicken, which is a bird, and the bible says that any flying animal isnt meat either. LOLZ.
                      Good old bible.

Comment

Working...
                      X