No announcement yet.

Tipping is for chumps. Do NOT do it!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Man I'm glad someone has some sense. In America, the reason there is the tip system is because it almost guarantee's you great service.

Waiters get something like $3 an hour, so they rely on tips as their main income. If you don't want to tip, then don't eat at a sit down restaurant, it's that simple. Go and eat at McDonalds or somewhere that you have to get your own food.

If you don't tip, not only are you cheap but you are a low life. It will almost guarantee you someone rubbing their dick on your pancakes.
    It depends on the state actually. In Oregon, servers have to be paid at least the state minimum wage, which is $8.80. If you live somewhere where the waiters are only paid a miniscule amount you are a proper dick if you don't tip indeed.

Comment

By the way, Japan has excellent service and no tipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
        It depends on the state actually. In Oregon, servers have to be paid at least the state minimum wage, which is $8.80. If you live somewhere where the waiters are only paid a miniscule amount you are a proper dick if you don't tip indeed.
        By the way, Japan has excellent service and no tipping.
        Makes no difference, if you don't tip you are a loser and a lowlife. Don't want to tip, don't eat at a place where someone is waiting on you. That's the whole fukin point.....

You pay to sit down and have someone bring you everything.

Comment

Makes no difference, if you don't tip you are a loser and a lowlife. Don't want to tip, don't eat at a place where someone is waiting on you. That's the whole fukin point.....

You pay to sit down and have someone bring you everything.
          I'm not arguing against tipping in either case. I was just saying that if you don't tip and they are making $3 per hour, it makes you a right proper dick, as opposed to just sort of a dick.

And tipping isn't the norm everywhere, is one of my points. Waiters are staff members and on the payroll. In many places, there is no norm of tipping.

Comment

Actually, if they are making three dollars an hour, you aren't the dick for not tipping, their employer is the dick for paying so low.

Comment

I'm not arguing against tipping in either case. I was just saying that if you don't tip and they are making $3 per hour, it makes you a right proper dick, as opposed to just sort of a dick.

And tipping isn't the norm everywhere, is one of my points. Waiters are staff members and on the payroll. In many places, there is no norm of tipping.
              I understand but in America it's that way and don't you think cultures should be respected?

Originally posted by ROYistheGOAT View Post
              Actually, if they are making three dollars an hour, you aren't the dick for not tipping, their employer is the dick for paying so low.
              It's amazing how stupid you are, seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by ROYistheGOAT View Post
                I agree that the conventions which allow this, including the local laws and regulations, are messed up and should be changed. But on a basic human level, I believe that recognizing a person's situation, such as the miniscule pay they make in order to be able to earn tips, is also a matter of compassion more or less. In other words, you can criticize the system all you like, but you should also recognize that you are dealing with a human being who depends on tips as a source of income, and who is at the mercy of the very system you would criticize.

Comment

I understand but in America it's that way and don't you think cultures should be respected?

It's amazing how stupid you are, seriously.
                  It's amazing how stupid you are, and how you dont appreciate human life. Arguing about tips while saying innocent people to get killed by the taliban and mexican cartel.

Comment

There are some things that I dont understand why you have to tip, like barbers never really got why that is something you tip on. I mean I still do it but it just seems random

Comment

I agree that the conventions which allow this, including the local laws and regulations, are messed up and should be changed. But on a basic human level, I believe that recognizing a person's situation, such as the miniscule pay they make in order to be able to earn tips, is also a matter of compassion more or less. In other words, you can criticize the system all you like, but you should also recognize that you are dealing with a human being who depends on tips as a source of income, and who is at the mercy of the very system you would criticize.
                      I always tip and i agree with your point. I posted earlier in the thread that you should always tip, no matter the service.

Comment

Working...
                      X