Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your religion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short answer. i don't feel like being chastised by reedickyalluss for a long ass post that few will read. furthermore, i'm not even sure exactly what it is that i believe.

i believe that the universe is ordered by a higher intelligence. call it god if you'd like.

i also believe that people should be compelled to do whatever good they can. i believe that humans are greater than the sum of their physical componentry. if you like, you can call that a soul.

Comment

catholic

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeBrah View Post
        Yes.

10 characters
        one of the people credited with the theory of the big bang was a theoretical physicist named george lemaitre...

he was a roman catholic priest...

very difficult to say that he was a subhuman ******...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          short answer. i don't feel like being chastised by reedickyalluss for a long ass post that few will read. furthermore, i'm not even sure exactly what it is that i believe.

i believe that the universe is ordered by a higher intelligence. call it god if you'd like.

i also believe that people should be compelled to do whatever good they can. i believe that humans are greater than the sum of their physical componentry. if you like, you can call that a soul.

This is a good post.

The more I think about things, and look around me, the more I am led to believing there is some sort of higher intelligence.

But I still don't buy into that completely. Really, I just don't know, though. And I just can't take a stance either way.

I do believe that we are the guardians of this planet, and it's our duty to take care of the planet, each other, and all other life forms.

Comment

I think all religion is manmade and thus fiction.

Nothing wrong with it. Psychological studies have shown that religious people are for the most part a small bit happier than those who are not. Good for them, but I just don't buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
              one of the people credited with the theory of the big bang was a theoretical physicist named george lemaitre...

he was a roman catholic priest...

very difficult to say that he was a subhuman ******...
              Believing in any kind of higher power automatically makes you a subhuman ******. So yes, Lemaitre was.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                I think all religion is manmade and thus fiction.

Nothing wrong with it. Psychological studies have shown that religious people are for the most part a small bit happier than those who are not. Good for them, but I just don't buy it.
                This. .

All oragnized religion is clearly "manmade," IMO.

But I don't think anybody who does choose to believe in these religions, and have faith through them, are any less worthy of respect than myself.

Unless, of course, they try to shove it down my throat, and judge others. . Which ironically, is the exact same thing I see a lot of people doing who reject religion. . .

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeBrah View Post
                  Believing in any kind of higher power automatically makes you a subhuman ******. So yes, Lemaitre was.
                  ok dude...

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                    This. .

All oragnized religion is clearly "manmade," IMO.

But I don't think anybody who does choose to believe in these religions, and have faith through them, are any less worthy of respect than myself.

Unless, of course, they try to shove it down my throat, and judge others. . Which ironically, is the exact same thing I see a lot of people doing who reject religion. . .
                    Asking for equality is not "shoving it down our throat".

"Ohhhh look at those atheists shoving gay marriage down our throats"....wait so its wrong to parade for equality?

I have no problem with people believing in god, its mainly religion that i dislike.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Asking for equality is not "shoving it down our throat".

"Ohhhh look at those atheists shoving gay marriage down our throats"....wait so its wrong to parade for equality?

I have no problem with people believing in god, its mainly religion that i dislike.

What are you talking about mate? You don't think there's plenty of religious people who have no problem with gay marriage? Lol, there's even a lot of christian gay people who have their own churches now. . .

A lot of our laws, and social policies have their roots in Anglo-Saxon religion, which of course is Christianity. . . They did after all found the country.

That has nothing to do with individual religious people. . . I know a lot of people who are against gay marriage, and hate gay people who are not even religious at all.

I don't know what you mean here. . . I agree with you - everybody has the right to believe what they want to believe, and if that includes following a religion, so be it. And NOBODY has the right to tell somebody else what to believe, and force their beliefs on somebody else.

As long as that person does not try to inhibit my beliefs, or my life, I'll grant them the same respect. . . Again, you just can't classify all religious people as the ones who are trying to force their beliefs on you.

Comment

Working...
                      X