No announcement yet.

What is your religion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    There is no such thing as a true agnostic. The vast majority of agnostics are what is know as an 'agnostic atheist', as are nearly all atheists. Very few atheists are what is known as 'gnostic atheists' - That means to claim with certainty that God doesn't exist.

An absolute agnostic, in practical reality, probably does not exist. This is a person who, after reviewing the physical evidence and philosophical arguments for and against the existence of gods comes to the conclusion that it is equally probable that deities do exist as it is that they do not. Even a person who has never heard of the existence of any religion cannot be categorized in this position because in order to arrive at it one must first be aware of the concept of god and then consider it. There isn’t a reasonable person on Earth who could honestly fit into this position.
    A great example of the mysterious thing I was talking about. Thank you, Bringer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury View Post
      You are confusing agnostics with atheists again.

Atheists BELIEVE there are no gods. Agnostics lack belief in gods.

You can make a case that this is simply weak and strong atheism, but it's not the case. This is why I said atheists act as if their religion is so mysterious.
      Like I said, you're unable to comprehend.

I do not believe there are any Gods.

Is that a belief?

No, it's a lack of belief.

I found an example for you, so you can understand better;

If atheism is a belief, then NOT collecting stamps is a hobby.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        Like I said, you're unable to comprehend.

I do not believe there are any Gods.

Is that a belief?

No, it's a lack of belief.
        No it isn't. A lack of belief is having no idea. (Agnostic)

Comment

No it isn't. A lack of belief is having no idea. (Agnostic)
          Tell me now whether you're trolling or you're just having a hard time of understanding. It's one or the other, no shame in admitting you can't comprehend it.

Comment

• What I'm ultimately saying is 90% of "atheists" are actually confused agnostics.

Comment

Tell me now whether you're trolling or you're just having a hard time of understanding. It's one or the other, no shame in admitting you can't comprehend it.
              You are the one who can't comprehend (is this your new favourite word) that lack of belief and disbelief are totally different.

Comment

What I'm ultimately saying is 90% of "atheists" are actually confused agnostics.
                No, quite the opposite, actually.

90% of agnostics are actually atheists.

You seem to have the confused idea that all atheists claim to know that there is no God, when in actuality very few do.

There are theists, and there are atheists. Additionally, there are gnostics and there are agnostics. The number of gnostic atheists (claiming to know with certainty) is incredibly low, and you're falsely believing them to the be 'only" type of atheist.

Which is where you falter.

Comment

If atheism is a belief, then NOT collecting stamps is a hobby.
                  Isn't it strange then that atheism even exists?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    You seem to have the confused idea that all atheists claim to know that there is no God, when in actuality very few do.
                    That is agnosticism and that's exactly my point.

Comment

Isn't it strange then that atheism even exists?
                      Eureka!

You've got it my dear Shaun!

Well done, round of applause!

Thank you.

It's stupid that 'atheism' even exists, you don't have to identify as a non-alchemist or non-astrologer.

Comment

Working...
                      X