No announcement yet.

What is your religion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
    End of the thread is this: We don't know, nor are we CLOSE to knowing anything about our existence, and the existence of the natural world, the universe, etc. . . Soo many things we do not know. . So let's stop pretending like we do. . . And let's just acknowledge it's a mystery yet to be solved. . .
    But science can explain how we came to be. It can also explain how life became possible on this planet. It can trace the history of the earth and the solar system from it's very beginnings. There's one question that it can't nail precisely, so what the hell, lets just give up and give all the credit to a higher power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Do you believe that there is also a possibility of Godzilla, tooth fairy, Santa Claus and the flying spagetti monster?

Godzilla: No reason to try to explain its existence. . . It was a movie. But was there at one time some sort of repitlian creature that might have scared the **** out of people? Maybe. .

Tooth Fairy: No; my parents put the money under my pillow. I know this, I can prove this.

Santa Claus: No; my parents put presnets under the tree. I know this, and I can prove this.

Flying Spaghetti Monster. . . Sure, why not? Lol.. . There's no reason to try to explain the existence of such a creature. . We made up Santa Claus for presents for kids. . Tooth Fairy for money under pillows. SO therefor we KNOW they don't exist, cause our parents put the **** there.

We're talking about the answers to life itself. . Our existence. . The beginnings of the earth, and before that, our solar system, and before that, etc., etc., etc. The very matter of everything. . . so until i have proof one way or another, ill remain skeptical.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
        Typical atheistic ploy: Insult and belittle anyone who doesn't believe in their religious views.
        Cool story bro

Comment

• Originally posted by ZeeBrah View Post
          A scientific theory is a fact.
          Fact: In science, an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as “true.” Truth in science, however, is never final and what is accepted as a fact today may be modified or even discarded tomorrow.
          Hypothesis: A tentative statement about the natural world leading to deductions that can be tested. If the deductions are verified, the hypothesis is provisionally corroborated. If the deductions are incorrect, the original hypothesis is proved false and must be abandoned or modified. Hypotheses can be used to build more complex inferences and explanations.
          Law: A descriptive generalization about how some aspect of the natural world behaves under stated circumstances.
          Theory: In science, a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses.

Comment

Godzilla: No reason to try to explain its existence. . . It was a movie. But was there at one time some sort of repitlian creature that might have scared the **** out of people? Maybe. .

Tooth Fairy: No; my parents put the money under my pillow. I know this, I can prove this.

Santa Claus: No; my parents put presnets under the tree. I know this, and I can prove this.

Flying Spaghetti Monster. . . Sure, why not? Lol.. . There's no reason to try to explain the existence of such a creature. . We made up Santa Claus for presents for kids. . Tooth Fairy for money under pillows. SO therefor we KNOW they don't exist, cause our parents put the **** there.

We're talking about the answers to life itself. . Our existence. . The beginnings of the earth, and before that, our solar system, and before that, etc., etc., etc. The very matter of everything. . . so until i have proof one way or another, ill remain skeptical.
            So you can prove there's no Godzilla, tooth fairy Santa Claus or Flying Spaghetti Monster huh

Please provide this research

And so we made up those characters but didnt make up god? How so? Where's your proof?

Comment

Soooo instead if attemtimg to explain the gaps with science, which you call "magical", we should simply create a higher magical being and blame it on him....well that makes Perfect sense

And I was waiting all thread for that last paragraph, which is simply a religious cop out, expecting anyone to explain a situation would has no explanation
              no. instead of acting like we know - let's say we don't.

Comment

• Until you disprove all those characters, there is still a possibility of them existing

According to you of course

Comment

no. instead of acting like we know - let's say we don't.
                  Who ever said they "know"

Hmmm lemme see, it's the religious

Comment

• Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
                    Typical atheistic ploy: Insult and belittle anyone who doesn't believe in their religious views.
                    lol, certainly what it seems like.

they defend their vies, and put others down who don't share them exactly like a religious loon would.

Comment

But what's the point of introducing a god into our existence? "God" is exactly like Santa Claus and the tooth fairy, yet I don't think anybody thinks They are real or thinks we shouldn't reject that idea that one actually exists
                      God is different in a number of ways.
                      People dont come to believe in Santa or the tooth fairy later in life. You will never find yourself arguing with a person about whether they exist. That in itself should be a clear indicator what inspires belief in god or santa are quite separate.

Asking an adult if they believe in santa as well as god is pointless. The answer will always obviously be no. It just shows that u dont understand how the believers mind works.

Its like assuming if someone is a boxing fan, they must be a fan of WWE. Or saying in a ridiculing tone, "if u like boxing do u also like getting into fights?"
                      I dont think anyone asks religious people if they believe in santa in sincerity.

Comment

Working...
                      X