No announcement yet.

What is your religion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZeeBrah View Post
    Once again, you fail to see that gnosticism and agnosticism have nothing to do with belief.

You can still be Agnostic and BELIEVE there is no God.

Uhh, I never said you couldn't? I did when I was unsure of exactly what all these labels meant (like my very first post or something) . . But the post you quoted has nothing to do with believing in god, or not; rather, simply acknowleding the possibility of one.

In fact, I don't believe in a god. . It's just the more I think about it, the more OPEN to the possibility I am.

I just said only a fool would try to act like they "know" what there is, and isn't, without being able to prove it.

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
      I agree. . . I said it's foolish to automatically assume "hey, we don't know, so it must be a god"!

I'm just saying it's EQUALLY foolish to say " . . nope - there's no such thing as a god (I use "god" in the sense of being synonymous to a creator/intelligent design). . . you're an idiot if you say there is, and you don't understand science."
      But what's the point of introducing a god into our existence? "God" is exactly like Santa Claus and the tooth fairy, yet I don't think anybody thinks They are real or thinks we shouldn't reject that idea that one actually exists

Comment

I am very logical - I don't claim to know. . . So therefor I remain open to all possibilities. I think that's the only logical way to approach the question - to acknowledge there are possibilities; ENDLESS possibilities.

I acknowledged that it's foolish to assume there is a creator because we don't know everything; however, the counter argument, which holds just as much weight, is that it's equally foolish to assume there is not one.
        No it really doesn't. I don't know what people say this, let's be real and call things the way they are. Look, science is just the way we choose to learn about the physical universe. If there was evidence of life outside the physical realm, then we would study it.

It's not that scientists say there is no god because they choose to believe that, it's because there is no evidence of it. Now I'm not saying there is no god but we cannot compare science and the scientific method to belief in something like god.

If there are 5 pennies on a table and I claim there are 6 and you ask me where the other one is and I tell you it's invisible....it's not the same. One is known, the other is something you must have faith in. believing in god and understanding what we know in science are two totally different things and have NOTHING to do with each other.

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        You're a man of faith, Cuah? You seem to understand/ grasp science, so why is that?
        Because I can't ignore the truth as we know it. Science is the truth, evolution has been proven. Why is it that evolution wasn't used by god to create the world and us? Many bishops and higher ups in the Catholic church have publicly said evolution cannot be denied because it's been proven scientifically.

Originally posted by New England View Post
        i believe in my chin and my left hook

where's the box for that?
        Truth, end of thread.

Comment

• No, no, no. . I never even said that. .

I just thought before that an atheist absolutely rejected the idea of any kind of intelligent design (or a "god," if you will).

Then you came at me with this little diagram/chart depicting all these different types of atheists. . lol.. .

But I DO NOT BELIEVE in god either? I'm just very open to the possibility. . . Which a lot of you seem to argue completely against.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            No it really doesn't. I don't know what people say this, let's be real and call things the way they are. Look, science is just the way we choose to learn about the physical universe. If there was evidence of life outside the physical realm, then we would study it.

It's not that scientists say there is no god because they choose to believe that, it's because there is no evidence of it. Now I'm not saying there is no god but we cannot compare science and the scientific method to belief in something like god.

If there are 5 pennies on a table and I claim there are 6 and you ask me where the other one is and I tell you it's invisible....it's not the same. One is known, the other is something you must have faith in. believing in god and understanding what we know in science are two totally different things and have NOTHING to do with each other.

Because I can't ignore the truth as we know it. Science is the truth, evolution has been proven. Why is it that evolution wasn't used by god to create the world and us? Many bishops and higher ups in the Catholic church have publicly said evolution cannot be denied because it's been proven scientifically.

Truth, end of thread.
            I must have got you mixed up with another poster. I thought that you had a strong faith in God.

Comment

No, no, no. . I never even said that. .

I just thought before that an atheist absolutely rejected the idea of any kind of intelligent design (or a "god," if you will).

Then you came at me with this little diagram/chart depicting all these different types of atheists. . lol.. .

But I DO NOT BELIEVE in god either? I'm just very open to the possibility. . . Which a lot of you seem to argue completely against.
              Do you believe that there is also a possibility of Godzilla, tooth fairy, Santa Claus and the flying spagetti monster?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Truth, end of thread.

Lol. . So much analogy fail, mate. . Our knowledge of the universe is not even anything like "having 6 pennies on the table with one missing" or whatever you said. . .

LOL! I never said we could! I have said time,and time again science, and belief in intelligent design are NOT analogous! Obivously, they are completely the opposite, if anything.

Hell, I didn't even say that there's just as likely of a chance there was intelligent design, as opposed to there not being intelligent design. . I just said it's FOOLISH to say YOU KNOW there is not intelligent design. . .

You can't "magically" fill in the links (which there are an infinite amout of) with science, OR belief in intelligent design. . . So to 100% reject either is foolish, and very UNscientific.

End of the thread is this: We don't know, nor are we CLOSE to knowing anything about our existence, and the existence of the natural world, the universe, etc. . . Soo many things we do not know. . So let's stop pretending like we do. . . And let's just acknowledge it's a mystery yet to be solved. . .

Comment

• I watched Prometheus...

and met my maker

Comment

Lol. . So much analogy fail, mate. . Our knowledge of the universe is not even anything like "having 6 pennies on the table with one missing" or whatever you said. . .

LOL! I never said we could! I have said time,and time again science, and belief in intelligent design are NOT analogous! Obivously, they are completely the opposite, if anything.

Hell, I didn't even say that there's just as likely of a chance there was intelligent design, as opposed to there not being intelligent design. . I just said it's FOOLISH to say YOU KNOW there is not intelligent design. . .

You can't "magically" fill in the links (which there are an infinite amout of) with science, OR belief in intelligent design. . . So to 100% reject either is foolish, and very UNscientific.

End of the thread is this: We don't know, nor are we CLOSE to knowing anything about our existence, and the existence of the natural world, the universe, etc. . . Soo many things we do not know. . So let's stop pretending like we do. . . And let's just acknowledge it's a mystery
                    yet to be solved. . .
                    Soooo instead if attemtimg to explain the gaps with science, which you call "magical", we should simply create a higher magical being and blame it on him....well that makes Perfect sense

And I was waiting all thread for that last paragraph, which is simply a religious cop out, expecting anyone to explain a situation would has no explanation

Comment

• Typical atheistic ploy: Insult and belittle anyone who doesn't believe in their religious views.

Comment

Working...
                      X