No announcement yet.

What is your religion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZeeBrah View Post
    Evolution is a fact, the theory is how it works.
    A theory made by scientists is still a theory.

Comment

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
      To those who are religious, what is the appeal in believing in a higher being?
      To believe you'll love forever in heaven with unlimited virgins or whatever their god promises

Comment

• Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
        First define religion and then prove evolution to me.
        Uses a dictionary

Kkk thanx

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          The problem is life is not as delicate as you make it out to be. To believe that something or someone created all life, is a huge leap in faith. The other is just what we know and that's it.

There are huge gaps, because we don't know everything. There will always be gaps but that doesn't mean science is wrong.

I think at the end of the day, you either are a man of faith. That believes in something you can't see, hear, smell, touch and taste. Or someone who is more logical.
          You're a man of faith, Cuah? You seem to understand/ grasp science, so why is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
            I am very logical - I don't claim to know. . . So therefor I remain open to all possibilities. I think that's the only logical way to approach the question - to acknowledge there are possibilities; ENDLESS possibilities.

I acknowledged that it's foolish to assume there is a creator because we don't know everything; however, the counter argument, which holds just as much weight, is that it's equally foolish to assume there is not one.
            But why is it that just because we currently don't know something, that we should attribute it to a "god" that completely defies everything that we do know?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
              A theory made by scientists is still a theory.
              A scientific theory is a fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                You're a man of faith, Cuah? You seem to understand/ grasp science, so why is that?

I never understood the argument of why both intelligent design, and science can not coincide with each other? Just never liked the argument that you had to be either/or.

The two are not mutually exclusive. . .

There are plenty of BRILLIANT scientists who have a strong faith; and pretty much every brilliant scientist is an agnostic of sorts, and they acknowledge, and remain very open to there being intelligent design behind our existence.

A man who truly understands science will not take a stance; they will not claim to know something in which they do not, nor can come close to proving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  But why is it that just because we currently don't know something, that we should attribute it to a "god" that completely defies everything that we do know?
                  I agree. . . I said it's foolish to automatically assume "hey, we don't know, so it must be a god"!

I'm just saying it's EQUALLY foolish to say " . . nope - there's no such thing as a god (I use "god" in the sense of being synonymous to a creator/intelligent design). . . you're an idiot if you say there is, and you don't understand science."

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                    A man who truly understands science will not take a stance; they will not claim to know something in which they do not, nor can come close to proving.
                    Once again, you fail to see that gnosticism and agnosticism have nothing to do with belief.

You can still be Agnostic and BELIEVE there is no God.

Comment

• i believe in my chin and my left hook

where's the box for that?

Comment

Working...
                      X