Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people act like Boxing is not effective in a street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROYistheGOAT View Post
    The point was you said it didn't matter if they got killed because they were criminals too, and that i was wrong for laughing. If im wrong, you are 1,000,000 times more wrong. Drop your address.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/drug...hut-up-or-die/

On May 3, the dismembered, mutilated bodies of three Mexican photojournalists – Gabriel Huge, Guillermo Luna Varela and Esteban Rodriguez – were found in plastic bags dumped in a waste canal in Boca del Rio, Mexico.
    I never said anything about beheading videos in Mexico, you were the one that brought them up. You tried to equate me not being offended by those videos and somehow that justified you laughing at that old man getting hit.

For the record, I have never seen a beheading video and will never watch one. I don't need to see those things because I have seen enough violence in real life and those things are real to me, they aren't something that is fake like you claimed when you said "The internet is fake people"

I have talked enough about this, if you think it's cool, whatever. I'm not surprised....

Comment

A guy who boxes would beat up an average joe/street fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        I never said anything about beheading videos in Mexico, you were the one that brought them up. You tried to equate me not being offended by those videos and somehow that justified you laughing at that old man getting hit.

For the record, I have never seen a beheading video and will never watch one. I don't need to see those things because I have seen enough violence in real life and those things are real to me, they aren't something that is fake like you claimed when you said "The internet is fake people"

I have talked enough about this, if you think it's cool, whatever. I'm not surprised....
        I brought it up then you proceeded to say they deserved to die, you took it up 1,000 notches.

One thing is watching a video of someone getting beheaded because they are in a drug cartel and probably killed dozens of people the same way. I can't feel much pity for people like that, you reap what you sow.
        You basically said people killed by the taliban and the cartel deserved to die

Comment

I brought it up then you proceeded to say they deserved to die, you took it up 1,000 notches.

You basically said people killed by the taliban and the cartel deserved to die
          If they were themselves murderers.....yea.

You said they were innocent not me..lol

Comment

If they were themselves murderers.....yea.

You said they were innocent not me..lol
            Well we dont know if that bus driver was a murder,rapist,or pedophile, now do we?

Comment

Well we dont know if that bus driver was a murder,rapist,or pedophile, now do we?
              Your right, great way to waste my time.

good bye

Comment

Your right, great way to waste my time.

good bye
                Have a good day brother.

Comment

Have to say you guy's are cowards IMO. Not because your not braver than me because i'd say most of you are, but where i'm from you fight on your feet and if someone goes to ground you pick them up. Only a coward hit's another man while he's down regardless of the situation. The reason people die in street fights are because some idiot can't even tell when he's wailing on an unconscious person. It might sound narrow-minded but if your gonna fight me stand up and fight me like a man

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    that's a smart man then.

trying to use a sport on the street can get you seriously hurt or killed.

i watched a video of a teen get whacked in the head with a crobar after using an armbar on the kid he was fighting. just an example of sport (bjj) not for the street.
                    Knowing how to throw a proper punch is a whole lot different from trying to use an arm bar in the street. I don't know of too many street fights where punches are not thrown.

Now if you RESTRICT yourself to Boxing, then you're stupid.

But because of what you just described (the video) Boxing is usually a lot more useful than grappling in a lot of street situations. On the street you need to be able to get out of there when you need to.
                    Last edited by res; 10-27-2012, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• You fight an Aussie who like me is over 6" then god help you.

especially if he has been brought up in Southern England! like me

and now guess what im 6"3 98kgs

so bring it!!

luckily im a pacifist/scientist

and i love you all!!

so lets do lunch

Comment

Working...
                      X