Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A? Obama or Romney?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1_Industrialist View Post
    Yeah but lets not sweat the small stuff.

Besides, Romney by his demeanor doesn't strike me as a Christine O'Donnel type. I mean he was a successful CEO for christ sake. Give him some credit will ya. Outsourcing jobs? Yes. Looking down on poor peasants? yeah, why not. But a Mormon who interprets everything literally, rather then allegorically? NO.

FTW Mormonism and Judaism. The two religions that pump out the most amount of financially successful people and mostly keep to themselves.
    It doesn't matter to me if he interprets it literally or not - He places himself amongst their masses by identifying himself as one and stating that it's a driving force in his life. That's enough for me to realize he's an imbecilic dunce who is unworthy of my vote, business savvy or not.

Besides, the structure of Government and the structure of a business are two entirely different things which are at odds with each other. In Government (ideally) it's the few at the top serving the needs of the many at the bottom. In business it's the many at the bottom serving the needs of the few at the top. Furthermore, having a background in one doesn't equate to being successful in the other.

See : George Bush.

(Not making the comparison here in terms of business success, as I realize Romney was far more successful with his corporate adventures than W ever was. I'm making the point that merely having a business background in and of itself isn't instantly grounds for a successful presidency.)

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      It doesn't matter to me if he interprets it literally or not - He places himself amongst their masses by identifying himself as one and stating that it's a driving force in his life. That's enough for me to realize he's an imbecilic dunce who is unworthy of my vote, business savvy or not.

Besides, the structure of Government and the structure of a business are two entirely different things which are at odds with each other. In Government (ideally) it's the few at the top serving the needs of the many at the bottom. In business it's the many at the bottom serving the needs of the few at the top. Furthermore, having a background in one doesn't equate to being successful in the other.

See : George Bush.

(Not making the comparison here in terms of business success, as I realize Romney was far more successful with his corporate adventures than W ever was. I'm making the point that merely having a business background in and of itself isn't instantly grounds for a successful presidency.)
      I've responded to all of this sort of already in the previous Mitt Romney thread. I'm too lazy to go through it again in more detail. I agree. His business experience is merely a gimmick...a ploy to get those 6% (that he describes in the video tape, which made me like him even more) to vote for him and put him over the top.

I'm merely voting for him because out of the two, he is the one who is Pro-Capitalism (even though he doesn't quite understand it or articulate it to the level I like to see, with his pandering) and more likely to slow the rate of growth of Govt. and stop getting in the way of the private sector. Not Obama. His business experience of outsourcing jobs just makes me like him on a persona level....per the media personal like-ness question of who would you rather have a beer with

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
        definitely obama....romney's campaign is a train wreck. i still smh that the gop chose romney as their candidate...ron paul would have been much much better.
        The GOP didn't have a choice, the other potentials were worst than Romney.

The two party system has continued to fail the US and its citizens, and the people are too weakened politically to establish fully the independents. So, we are left with another "None of the Above" election. And Obama, with all his faults, is still more worthy than his opponent, and therefore deserves to continue.

Romney has demonstrated nothing in word or deed, that would even come close to validating his challenge.

Comment

romney's only chance is to totally dominate obama in the upcoming debates.

looking forward to it. Romney is a seasoned veteran when it comes to debates.

Comment

Seems like Obama is gonna win this November election.

Here's what a respected pinoy columnist said while talking about recent brouhahas in philippine politics cause by china's bullying stance towards asian neighbors,

"You see the importance of that in the way Mitt Romney tried to politicize the anti-American riots in Libya and elsewhere, saying Barack Obama was supporting the rioters more than America. The humongous backlash against him from friend and foe alike has probably cost him the elections. The point is simple: Foreign policy may not be held hostage to partisan politics. You’ve got differences in how to face the world, resolve it internally. But at the end of the day, you take one stand, you speak with one voice."

Comment

Originally posted by Chinaski View Post
              i hope the next president of USA will be pure native american indian
              Or how about an albino Spaniard?

Albinos seem to get overlooked now a days. Time for them to get the credit they deserve...Ive never met one per say, but I'm sure they're a pleasant bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                The GOP didn't have a choice, the other potentials were worst than Romney.

The two party system has continued to fail the US and its citizens, and the people are too weakened politically to establish fully the independents. So, we are left with another "None of the Above" election. And Obama, with all his faults, is still more worthy than his opponent, and therefore deserves to continue.

Romney has demonstrated nothing in word or deed, that would even come close to validating his challenge.
                what's going on is the republicans and dems take turns ****ing up. after obama's second term, america will go back to the republicans then republicans **** **** up again then back to the dems.

On and on back and forth. Its a vicious cycle.

Comment

I think this was the Republicans election to loose...and they lost.
                  Last edited by jaded; 09-28-2012, 01:16 AM.

Comment

To answer your question Obama. I'll plug my nose and vote for Romney but I wont really care who wins. I own stocks and am about to graduate college and I think Romney has a better chance at bringing back the economy, but I HATE his foreign policy and think he'll lead us into WW3. The fact is that we live in a global economy and we are doomed to suffer in the US. Only a truly free market plan (Ron Paul) will help us prosper. If you plan on making money vote for Romney. If you want someone to help you out vote for Obama. But they both do suck, I hate Bush, Obama, but I'll give it to Clinton. I don't support parties, only ideas.

Comment

i wonder what annual political october surprise the republicans have in store for obama.

you know its coming..

Comment

Working...
                      X