Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you let your young children watch cartoons??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
    burns,

what are you gonna tell your kids about religion?
    Im not sure yet. I dont want to brainwash her but I love her too much to just not say anything. Thankfully I can avoid that for the next decade or so.

Comment

What kind of phobia do you call this, Burner?

Comment

I think its a good idea!

I wasnt allowed to watch cartoons,

And look how i turned out

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
          Im not sure yet. I dont want to brainwash her but I love her too much to just not say anything. Thankfully I can avoid that for the next decade or so.
          let them figure it out for themselves. if they ask, give them your opinion but say its up to them to believe what they want to believe.

that's how i would do it.

Comment

My kids watch all the violent cartoons like Naruto, DBZ and One Piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
              My kids watch all the violent cartoons like Naruto, DBZ and One Piece.
              what about ghost in the shell?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                any of you guys with kids familiar with the work of hayao miyazaki?

he's a national treasure in japan. he's an animator and filmaker. most of his movies are for kids. they're some of the best children's movies you will ever see. i dont throw the word around lightly, but miyazaki is a genius.

start with "my neighbor totoro" and work your way up.

Isn't that movie based on a murder..?

Comment

Originally posted by ~Big Smoke~ View Post
                  Isn't that movie based on a murder..?

nope. some of miyazaki's movies have adult themes, but totoro is 100% a kids movie. it's a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                    what about ghost in the shell?

too many sets of **** on cyborgs, most likely. people getting shot to pieces wouldn't go over well either.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                      I don't let my daughter watch any tv show that I havent checked out yet.

So Im watching Dora The Explorer and this little chick is traveling the world by her youngself with a monkey named boots? No parents, no accountability, no school, no nothing. Just care free nonsense.

And this other show called Caliou. I mean he has to be the BADDEST little kid ever. So mischevious and shyt. And his parents are clowns. He whines non stop and tells his parents what to do.

Fuck that.
                      Id suggest Dora teaches kids about different cultures and independence. And Caliou shows how acting like a little idiot makes u look like a douche.

Kids know the difference between cartoons and real life. I grew up watching Tom and Jerry and have never once smashed a cat in the face with a frying pan.
                      I think often cartoons give a little insight into real life situations. Such as the hazards of adopting your own fart, as seen in the Ren and Stimpy episode 'Son of Stimpy'.

Comment

Working...
                      X