Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take CONVINCE PEOPLE that GOD/RELIGION IS NOT REAL?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    What did he say to you mark and what did he look like?
    This conversation never goes well with anyone,but i will just say there was a time in my life i should have died,i had nothing left to give and did not give a fck and that is when he guided me through the bs and changed me as a man and as a human, i never saw him with my eyes but i felt him in my heart and at the time i was what you would call an atheist.But unless you have the same or a similar experience its difficult to explain.

Comment

• Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      And sir that is why i belong to no organized religion i find them all bullsht only in it for the dollars and to mindfck the people.
      God is pretend, get over it and stop blaming people who live in the same reality you live in.

Comment

This conversation never goes well with anyone,but i will just say there was a time in my life i should have died,i had nothing left to give and did not give a fck and that is when he guided me through the bs and changed me as a man and as a human, i never saw him with my eyes but i felt him in my heart and at the time i was what you would call an atheist.But unless you have the same or a similar experience its difficult to explain.
        How did he "guide" you? And how did he change you? Sounds like a dream to me

& no i dont ever expect that to happen. God is for the weak, no offense

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          Idk why people keep saying just to respect religious people's opinions. Atheism doesn't tell me when I can and can't work, what I can and can't say, who I can and can't marry, what I can and can't eat, what I can listen to on the radio, watch on tv, in the movies, read in the paper, what books I can and can't read, do in the privacy of my home, what I can and can't wear etc.!

Go to a job interview tatted up, with piercings and long hair, the chances of you getting that job are VERY slim no matter how good your resume is, how eloquently you speak, or clean your record is, but why? It's because you don't look like a good Christian/Catholic/Muslim etc. man, how does ink on your skin, piercings in your ears, and the length of your hair make you a bad person or any less of a man? It doesn't.

Religious people elect people to power with their similar religious views, these people in power then force me to follow certain rules based on their religion with certain laws they create.

you're talking about laws that have been influeced by religion, and i agree, it's bull****.

but to not respect somebody simply because they happen to have certain core religious beliefs that influenced those laws, is no better than a religious person not respecting an atheist.

if somebody respects you, and your beliefs, you should give them the same respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            How did he "guide" you? And how did he change you? Sounds like a dream to me

& no i dont ever expect that to happen. God is for the weak, no offense
            For some i believe you are correct they use God and religion as a crutch,but not in my case i read no bible,i live my life how i want.Some will say it was my conscious or whatever,but with me it was deeper it was an inner voice not my own that helped me change things,like i said its very difficult to explain but when i needed help that i was not seeking he came in and saved me that is all i do know.I guess you can say i felt his spirit.And i truly hope Russ that you never have to go through what i did to find him.
            Last edited by MARKBNLV; 09-21-2012, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
              you're talking about laws that have been influeced by religion, and i agree, it's bull****.

but to not respect somebody simply because they happen to have certain core religious beliefs that influenced those laws, is no better than a religious person not respecting an atheist.

if somebody respects you, and your beliefs, you should give them the same respect.
              That is how i like to lead my life,but when both sides the religious and Atheists tell you constantly that you are wrong it grows harder to respect there beliefs.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                What event or scientific/technological discovery would it take to finally convince people that religion/god is not real?

discovery of alien species?

medical breakthrough curing a host of diseases?

medical/technological breakthrough greatly extending life expectancy by a couple hundred years or better, stopping the aging process?

technological breakthrough in propulsion systems allowing us to travel anywhere in space?

what would it take?
                2 words,

Crab People

Comment

For some i believe you are correct they use God and religion as a crutch,but not in my case i read no bible,i live my life how i want.Some will say it was my conscious or whatever,but with me it was deeper it was an inner voice not my own that helped me change things,like i said its very difficult to explain but when i needed help that i was not seeking he came in and saved me that is all i do know.I guess you can say i felt his spirit.And i truly hope Russ that you never have to go through what i did to find him.
                  I still dont understand what he "did" but i will say a few things. People control their own lives, not an "inner voice". If you will credit god for moments of bliss, why is it that you wont condemn him for moments of pain and suffering. People following the bible always give the same answer but i find that those who dont associate themselves with a certain religion use the "christian" excuse almost always as well.

If you think god is responsible for that "moment", then he must be responsible for the bad moments as well. People like to believe in a "perfect" god but there is more suffering and bad in this world then there is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
                    God is pretend, get over it and stop blaming people who live in the same reality you live in.
                    You know all,do you have any idea how fcking ignorant you sound.

Comment

That is how i like to lead my life,but when both sides the religious and Atheists tell you constantly that you are wrong it grows harder to respect there beliefs.
                      Well we live in world with laws, nobody has absolute freedom. Atheists are not a group, so we do not have a belief system like religion that one must follow.

Comment

Working...
                      X