Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take CONVINCE PEOPLE that GOD/RELIGION IS NOT REAL?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuauhtémoc droppin knowledge.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      I am not arguing against anything. What I am saying is that when it comes to our existence and where we came from, both systems of belief are irrelevant to me. I also said Science has its place, but it will never answer that fundamental question for any of us. All we will ever have is Theories, but it is a theory of a man, which is flawed.
      and to try and recapture the flow of the discussion: I agree.

Comment

• science is not a religion FFS....

Religion has a place of worship like a church, synagogue, mosque, temple etc...

What place of worship does science have? a lab? not quite.

Religion has Gods or prophets you worship you never question like Jesus & Allah.

What does science have? Einstein? Newton? but science always challenges & questions thoeries of former great minds & at least those great minds always have evidence or explanations for their theory or forumulas.

science & technology will win out over religion if it hasnt already.

Timing is everything. Religion is on borrowed time.

Comment

• Some people are simple, mongoloid idiots that are devoid of any realizm.

What I can't fathom is why at a young age kids learn and eventually accept that Santa Claus isn't real. And yet at a much older age those same people can't let go of an equally bull**** story.

So Santa Claus is fake but sky fairies and zombies exist and have existed?

The Bible, a book so good it's unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
            science is not a religion FFS....
            FFS is right, dude. lol

Comment

I am not arguing against anything. What I am saying is that when it comes to our existence and where we came from, both systems of belief are irrelevant to me. I also said Science has its place, but it will never answer that fundamental question for any of us. All we will ever have is Theories, but it is a theory of a man, which is flawed.
              They are not both flawed, you are comparing a belief system based on FAITH, to a method of thinking that uses trial and error to decide the truth.

Take for example there are 3 apples sitting on a table in front of you and I. I tell you there are 3 apples, and you tell me there are 4. I sit there wondering what you are talking about and pick up the apples, count them, take 2 away and count there's only 1 and use every basic mathematical method to prove there are 3 apples on the table.

When I tell you there are only 3 apples you still say there are 4. I then ask you how do you know there are 4 and you tell me "God told me so, so you must have faith that there are 4".

That is the difference between the two. Even if there is something that science can't prove, like the origins of the universe, doesn't mean that they can simply make a myth up as to how it came to be.

Because science doesn't have all the answers, doesn't mean it's not on the right path. Religion on the other hand, tells you unequivocally that it has all the right answers, without one shred of evidence.

Which one will you buy into is up to you.

Comment

My goodness youd think that would be pretty clear but somehow people are in here arguing just for the hell of it..

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                  science is not a religion FFS....

Religion has a place of worship like a church, synagogue, mosque, temple etc...

What place of worship does science have? a lab? not quite.

Religion has Gods or prophets you worship you never question like Jesus & Allah.

What does science have? Einstein? Newton? but science always challenges & questions thoeries of former great minds & at least those great minds always have evidence or explanations for their theory or forumulas.

science & technology will win out over religion if it hasnt already.

Timing is everything. Religion is on borrowed time.
                  The same way you talk about science is the same way religious freaks talk about God, Allah or whoever.

Do you get what Deans trying to say yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                    The same way you talk about science is the same way religious freaks talk about God, Allah or whoever.

Do you get what Deans trying to say yet?
                    Nobody's ever strapped a bomb to their chest in the name Einstein.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                      Nobody's ever strapped a bomb to their chest in the name Einstein.
                      And strapping bombs to ones person isnt the standard in most religions either.

Comment

Working...
                      X