No announcement yet.

is university life, the best time ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
    Nottingham is crazy good. It's so compact, but it feels alive every day, and there is so much to do. Don't think I was ever bored, not once. Saw Froch fight Dirrell there, and had my photo taken with Pascal and Tarver and a few other fighters. Missed the Bute fight, but I'll be back for Froch vs Mack later in the year.
    What degree did you do? Im doing MSc HR Management at Uni of Birmingham. Looks like it'll be challenging but its my final year in education, why the hell not I am going into HR anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
      What degree did you do? Im doing MSc HR Management at Uni of Birmingham. Looks like it'll be challenging but its my final year in education, why the hell not I am going into HR anyways.
      BA Politics - For the social sciences I don't think the content matters so much. It's the research skills you learn that are valuable, not the pro's and con's of the US electoral system haha.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        i had fun for my first year and a half at school
        lots of fun. anything can get old, and it does.

i finished college having quit drinking and with a 3.6 and two majors. that's what you're there for, after all.

i had to become an adult before i realized what period of my life i enjoyed the most

i loved being a young kid. running around, smashing people in sports, fighting with sticks, blasting on candy, taking huge spills and bouncing right back up, that was me.

if i had a time machine i'd head back to my 12th birthday and really live it up. real talk.
        Completely agreed.

I lived on campus my first year as well but was never really into partying. I mostly shat around and avoided doing my work for as long as possible.

Now that I'm in my senior year at university, I wish I had actually begun focusing more on school from the very start. I know my GPA would have been higher and my understanding of what I'm studying now would be clearer.

In any event, I'm not really complaining. I got my shit together last year and pulled up my GPA significantly as a double-major in accounting and finance. I have two interviews with solid companies next week, too, so I don't think I'll have too much trouble finding a job after college.

At the end of the day, people just need to find the balance between enjoying yourself and getting your **** done. College is there for you to get a degree and find a job - not drink, smoke, and fuck. If I really wanted to do all three, I could do them all for 1/100 of the cost of average tuition rates and without having to think about doing homework as well.
        Last edited by sukhenkoy; 09-15-2012, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Not for me but I'm not dorming and my college is pretty Stale

It is if you wanna go away and dorm but spending $200K on some liberal arts degree you could get for free, just because you wanna form and Fcuk inexperienced people and play ultimate frisbee for 4 years ain't worth it

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Not for me but I'm not dorming and my college is pretty Stale

It is if you wanna go away and dorm but spending $200K on some liberal arts degree you could get for free, just because you wanna form and Fcuk inexperienced people and play ultimate frisbee for 4 years ain't worth it
            what they study in liberal arts?

Comment

I'm 29 and I just went back to school to finish my MBA after 5 years in the real world (company is paying so why not). The uni is at least 2:1 girls to guy ratio I have these girls in their early 20s completely smitten after two weeks only. I don't even have enough time to hang out with all girls that have been flirting with me. I say with 100% certainty college is the best time

Comment

Originally posted by Chinaski View Post
                what they study in liberal arts?
                Sociology, psychology, philosophy are the Main ones

They only picked those cuz they're rather easy and it gives em more time to party aka lay on their beds and watch Netflix

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Sociology, psychology, philosophy are the Main ones

They only picked those cuz they're rather easy and it gives em more time to party aka lay on their beds and watch Netflix

they take those for 4 years?
                  they study painting or sculpture in liberal arts?

Comment

I cant imagine a better time basically being able to go out every night of the week as long as you can get our work done. The only thing that wears on me is being broke the majority of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chinaski View Post
                      they take those for 4 years?
                      they study painting or sculpture in liberal arts?
                      Yea basically....half of them returned because they failed out/can't afford it

And no I don't think so, that regular art I think

Comment

Working...
                      X