Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If this can happen why can't BigFoot be real??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Now you're just trolling. That's obviously Michael Jackson.
    Lol, I wasnt trying give credit to these loony tunes who see bigfoot on their way to being abducted by aliens, but biology(primatology specifically) was going to be my major. As such, Im very interested in new species and dont want the crazies delusion to quell peoples interest and wonder at what is actually out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by CeeMCee View Post
      Lol, I wasnt trying give credit to these loony tunes who see bigfoot on their way to being abducted by aliens, but biology(primatology specifically) was going to be my major. As such, Im very interested in new species and dont want the crazies delusion to quell peoples interest and wonder at what is actually out there.
      I completely understand and respect that. But as a thoughtful human being who was majoring in a field as intellectually demanding as primatology you can understand my grief with these people, right?

As we all know - New species are being discovered every day (you posted some fine examples from very recently), yet these goons (who are legitimately passionate) are devoting their lives and resources to searching for something that clearly doesn't exist.

I'm generally interested in discovering new species. What I'm not interested in is pretending that 'Harry and the Hendersons' was actually a documentary.

Comment

• who has been to canada?
        who has even been to the sticks?

I'd be interested to know if any of you grew up in a rural area and have any experience being around land that's sparsely populated.

i'm guessing that a lot of you are from cities, and there's nothing wrong with that. it's going to be hard for you to recognize the vastness and nothingness that exists between cities.

bigfoot COULD survive in north america. he could. there's enough food and terrain, and the climate is mostly reasonable. if a 1500 lb bear can survive in the northwest territories (find enough food, water, and shelter to survive long enough to mate,) so can a 500 + lb bipedal ape. there are vast areas (many square miles,) all over north america where people have never set foot, or even seen. nobody has flown over them in a plane to the degree that you'd be able to know anything about the wildlife. nobody built a road out there.

i dont think you guys get just how big this continent is, and just how inaccessible some of it's wildernesses are. if you go far north in canada there is virtually nothing.

41 thousand people live in the northwest territories. 41 thousand.
        let me say that one more time
        41 thousand people live in the northwest territories. it's 500 thousand square miles, or roughly twice the size of texas.

41 thousand people show up to a klitschko fight. to think that those areas are searched well enough to rule-out with certainty the existence of an animal who could survive in the climate and environment is pretty laughable.

Comment

I completely understand and respect that. But as a thoughtful human being who was majoring in a field as intellectually demanding as primatology you can understand my grief with these people, right?

As we all know - New species are being discovered every day (you posted some fine examples from very recently), yet these goons (who are legitimately passionate) are devoting their lives and resources to searching for something that clearly doesn't exist.

I'm generally interested in discovering new species. What I'm not interested in is pretending that pretending 'Harry and the Hendersons' was actually a documentary.
          Absolutely. Like I said I wasn't giving credence to these silly asses, but I also am saddened/aggravated at a lot of folks whose response to any research into an unknown creature is that the scientists involved are no better than the bigfoot fanatics. And as to not give the wrong impression I dropped out of college and now work in a job as intellectually demanding as running an oil rig 8months out of the year and taking a 4month vacation each winter. Just so I dont give the false impression of being an expert.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            who has been to canada?
            who has even been to the sticks?

I'd be interested to know if any of you grew up in a rural area and have any experience being around land that's sparsely populated.

i'm guessing that a lot of you are from cities, and there's nothing wrong with that. it's going to be hard for you to recognize the vastness and nothingness that exists between cities.

bigfoot COULD survive in north america. he could. there's enough food and terrain, and the climate is mostly reasonable. if a 1500 lb bear can survive in the northwest territories (find enough food, water, and shelter to survive long enough to mate,) so can a 500 + lb bipedal ape. there are vast areas (many square miles,) all over north america where people have never set foot, or even seen. nobody has flown over them in a plane to the degree that you'd be able to know anything about the wildlife. nobody built a road out there.

i dont think you guys get just how big this continent is, and just how inaccessible some of it's wildernesses are. if you go far north in canada there is virtually nothing.

41 thousand people live in the northwest territories. 41 thousand.
            let me say that one more time
            41 thousand people live in the northwest territories. it's 500 thousand square miles, or roughly twice the size of texas.

41 thousand people show up to a klitschko fight. to think that those areas are searched well enough to rule-out with certainty the existence of an animal who could survive in the climate and environment is pretty laughable.
            While I am indeed from the City, I've been to the sticks. Maybe not the specific sticks you're speaking of in Canada, but pretty inaccessible and harsh terrain in a variety of states Bigfoot has supposedly been spotted in ranging from Pennsylvania and Virginia, to Ohio and the Carolinas.

Spoiler alert : He wasn't there.

You're getting caught up on the sightings particular to your region but not taking into account that this creature (and his cousin, the Yeti) has supposedly been spotted in Russia, Tibet, Chile, Argentina, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, and every single state in the United States except Hawaii and Delaware.

Either this thing has an assload of frequent flyer miles, there are tons of them all over the globe, or it's just a common piece of human folklore passed down for millennia.

Yeah, I'm going with the latter.

Comment

While I am indeed from the City, I've been to the sticks. Maybe not the specific sticks you're speaking of in Canada, but pretty inaccessible and harsh terrain in a variety of states Bigfoot has supposedly been spotted in ranging from Pennsylvania and Virginia, to Ohio and the Carolinas.

You're getting caught up on the sightings particular to your region but not taking into account that this creature (and his cousin, the Yeti) has supposedly been spotted in Russia, Tibet, Chile, Argentina, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, and every single state in the United States except Hawaii and Delaware.

Either this thing has an assload of frequent flyer miles, there are tons of them all over the globe, or it's just a common piece of human folklore passed down for millennia.

Son of a *****, you figured it out. Everytime they go to look for him hes moved across either state or international borders. Crafty bastard that Sasquatch.

Comment

for starters, i'm not getting caught up on much of anything. there won't be many sightings in the NWT. there doesn't have to be. that's the point. 41 K people show up to a klitschko fight... it could be out there. simply recognizing that shouldnt be grounds to be insulted.

i think it's you who is getting "caught up" in the stigma that comes with people who recognize the possibility of bigfoot's existence. we're not all toothless and making a living off of a big foot gift shop. i'm well educated, for my part. i'm not a biologist, but i'm educated. i own property, a business, and i make very good money for a 25 year old. check through the thread and you'll find some of the real arguments and concessions coming from me.
                you'll find most of the people on the other side of the argument doing what you're doing, which is essentially using humor. "bigfoot can't exist because it's so absurd to think that he does."

and i'm sure you're aware of this, but asia an the americas were connected by ice as recently as nine or ten thousand years ago. plenty of sh#t made it from one end to the other, including humans, a bipedal primate.

i agree that it's much less likely for a bigfoot to exist in densely populated states and regions. we would have probably found a body. you won't find a body if the thing dies in northern canada. not before the critters get to it, anyway.
                Last edited by New England; 10-12-2012, 03:00 PM.

Comment

I'm astounded by your genius. No, really. I am.

I got what you meant with the pics - That I have blinders on.

What my comment meant was that you're implying that science is blind, because I'm obviously sticking with the scientific approach on this one. Yet you think I'm being blind, therefore science is blind.

That's what I wanted you to explain. But instead I get a 'Tropic Thunder' reference, which is better than I expected at least.
                  Don't forget the epic Hangover reference....

Comment

• Aliens have never visited earth......it's that simple.

As much as you guys want to believe it, it's never happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      Aliens have never visited earth......it's that simple.

As much as you guys want to believe it, it's never happened.
                      umm my Grandfather came here in the 1920's...as an alien and illegal one at that...(at least according to the US gov).....so umm yeah...there goes your theory.....

NEXT............

Comment

Working...
                      X