Could Serena Williams be considered the greatest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    she's got it already.

she doesnt need to win 24 to be considered GOAT.

athletes of today are just superior than when court played. The game, the rackets, the peds, rules and regulation have been refined to its most present form.

its like that across the board in all sports.

Margaret Court = Babe Ruth = Bill Russell

Nobody in their right minds would rank Bill Russell Despite Having 11 rings as the GOAT center(that's between Kareem, Hakeem, and Shaq). same with court and her overall slams count.

Sports is just more competitive today than in the early 60s.

and steffi graf retired because of the williams sisters.
    Margaret Court didn't play in the 1920's like Babe Ruth, though. She was around fairly recently and played up until 1977.

Comment

That said I myself do consider Graf to have been the best ever so if Serena passes her in Grand Slams then she becomes the G.O.A.T in my book.

Comment

i stand by everything i said on here.

bill russell sucks.
        babe ruth wouldnt crack triple A shiiiet, he wouldnt crack double aa today.
        margaret court would get crushed by that man.

Comment

She's the best female player ever, but there's no way in hell I'm believing she's not juiced to the gills. That ridiculous drug test avoidance in 2011 is probably the most blatant you'll ever see.

----------------------------

October 26, 2011: Serena Williams retreats to panic room and refuses to answer her door or several telephone calls when ITF doping control officer arrives for out-of-competition test.

No public comment was made by Williams about the incident. ITF anti-doping data shows that zero out-of-competition samples were collected from Williams in 2010 and 2011. No explanation given by ITF or Williams as to why no sample was collected during the panic room incident.

Comment

I think she would beat anyone when shes at her best from years gone by. She is physically the strongest female out there. Has a powerful serve and solid, consistent groundstrokes. Racket technology has advanced so much in the past 15 years, it'd honestly be unfair to make them face each other. The surfaces have changed so much as well but I think that wouldn't trouble Serena a huge amount as she was still doing well when the surfaces hadn't been ****genised.

I personally think Justine Henin would beat Serena prime-for-prime but you can't knock Serenas longevity. It's remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              She's the best female player ever, but there's no way in hell I'm believing she's not juiced to the gills. That ridiculous drug test avoidance in 2011 is probably the most blatant you'll ever see.

----------------------------

October 26, 2011: Serena Williams retreats to panic room and refuses to answer her door or several telephone calls when ITF doping control officer arrives for out-of-competition test.

No public comment was made by Williams about the incident. ITF anti-doping data shows that zero out-of-competition samples were collected from Williams in 2010 and 2011. No explanation given by ITF or Williams as to why no sample was collected during the panic room incident.
              That's a troubling incident for sure. But apart from that she has never failed a drug test, as far as I know.

Unlike say Sharapova.
              Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 07-12-2016, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Justine Henin was so graceful and because she was like 6 stone soaking wet it made everything she done look that bit better. But Serena beats her most of the time.

I would still like to see Serena Williams play Tim Henman.

Would Serena overpower Tim from the back of the court or would Tim be able to impose his serve volley game on her?

On grass obviously.

Serena destroys his anus on every other surface.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  Justine Henin was so graceful and because she was like 6 stone soaking wet it made everything she done look that bit better. But Serena beats her most of the time.

I would still like to see Serena Williams play Tim Henman.

Would Serena overpower Tim from the back of the court or would Tim be able to impose his serve volley game on her?

On grass obviously.

Serena destroys his anus on every other surface.
                  What lol. Is this a joke. Serena is prob the goat female but she'd be lucky to beat any pro male player

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    What lol. Is this a joke. Serena is prob the goat female but she'd be lucky to beat any pro male player
                    It isn't.

She could beat him.

She could definitely beat a lesser player than Tim. I chose Tim because he is an absolute flange.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      It isn't.

She could beat him.

She could definitely beat a lesser player than Tim. I chose Tim because he is an absolute flange.
                      Serena and Venus both played a set against the 203rd ranked male player years ago.

Venus lost 6-1
                      Serena lost 6-1

Female players would be lucky to win a single game in a 3-set match against a top 100 male player.

Comment

Working...
                      X