Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Convention/Obama's speech

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listening to Clinton speak about health care and economic POLICY and have it genuinely be interesting and fun to listen to was absolutely amazing. No one else can do that ****, not even Obama.

Clinton was and is the ****ing MAN.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
      I just have a problem with a president advocating peace (even getting a Nobel Peace Prize) yet goes ahead and orders the bombing of areas that are populated with civilians in order to get one or two suspected terrorists. that doesn't sit right with me...Obama is too drone happy for my liking..also Libya wasn't cost effective. it took MUCH longer than promised (I think Obama promised the whole operation would take a few days) therefore more money was being spent than expected. what would have been cost effective is if the US stayed out altogether and let the French and other NATO allies take care of it. Also look at Libya now..it's a mess. Islamic extremism is taking over in Libya..is this what NATO and the US were fighting for?
      When you compare it to other military actions it was very cost effective. LOL @ thinking the French will take the lead in anything...

Yes he's been drone happy but would you rather have men in there doing the fighting and coming back in body bags so the American public can be even more against these wars?

The U.S military (contrary to what the nut job conspiracy illuminati, 9/11 truthers and birthers believe) does NOT target civilians. As a matter of fact, no other country in the world has ever taken the time, spent the money, trained it's people to AVOID collateral damage the way the U.S has.

Do you know how many times the U.S military as not bombed a school, mosque or hospital knowing there were insurgents in there? Do some research and check how the Soviets did things, or the Germans during WWII. They didn't give a flying FUK as to who they killed and millions of innocents lost their lives.

I'm not defending the actions of these wars but let's be a little realistic about this.

Comment

His speech was a little flat to me. It sounded good delivery wise but he didn't really hook me like he did in 2008. And all of the sheep in the crowd crying and cheering on his every word so damn distracting. Ill read the transcript to get a better idea of what he was trying to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          When you compare it to other military actions it was very cost effective. LOL @ thinking the French will take the lead in anything...

Yes he's been drone happy but would you rather have men in there doing the fighting and coming back in body bags so the American public can be even more against these wars?

The U.S military (contrary to what the nut job conspiracy illuminati, 9/11 truthers and birthers believe) does NOT target civilians. As a matter of fact, no other country in the world has ever taken the time, spent the money, trained it's people to AVOID collateral damage the way the U.S has.

Do you know how many times the U.S military as not bombed a school, mosque or hospital knowing there were insurgents in there? Do some research and check how the Soviets did things, or the Germans during WWII. They didn't give a flying FUK as to who they killed and millions of innocents lost their lives.

I'm not defending the actions of these wars but let's be a little realistic about this.
          "France was one of the most strident countries against the invasion of Iraq so it's unusual to see that country taking the lead in the strike against Libya, according to NPR's Eleanor Beardsley. Still, the French seem to be proud of how diplomatically Nicholas Sarkozy has handled the effort. The French president has said that, there are some risks, but they are calculated and there is great moral authority to go in and protect people."

source: http://www.npr.org/2011/03/19/134690...-Against-Libya

Also I don't like the idea of either drones or military ground troops (in fact, why are there still 80,000+ troops in afghanistan?)..but these drone strikes are still a failure (the fact that civilians get caught up in the attacks only helps to bolster support for terrorists) and a violation of a country's sovereignty.
          Last edited by Bermuda; 09-07-2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Romney has one last shot to win the election. The 1st debate. If he does not trounce Obama in the first debate he will lose.....and lose badly.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              Romney has one last shot to win the election. The 1st debate. If he does not trounce Obama in the first debate he will lose.....and lose badly.
              what do you think the chance of that happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                what do you think the chance of that happening?
                Slim to none my good friend. Obama is smart, as in "Damn does this guy have a social life?" smart. Romney could slightly win the debate but for him to move the numbers he has to give Obama a verbal asswhooping.

Comment

The only thing the 2012 DNC reinforced for me was the fact that I miss Bill Clinton.

Overall though the Democrats got much more out of their convention than the Republicans did from theirs. Partly due to having better speakers and speeches, partly because they didn't have an elderly actor onstage who goofed and stole the spotlight from their nominee : The story at the water cooler the morning after Romney's speech wasn't even Romney's speech, it was Eastwood's meltdown.

Comment

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll: September 7, 2012

http://www.examiner.com/article/dail...ptember-7-2012

According to the latest Rasmussen tracking poll Mitt Romney is ahead by 1% point, 46% to 45%. In the Gallup tracking poll President Obama is ahead by 1% point, 47% to 46%. Both polls are within the margin of error. Neither candidate is at 50% in either poll so a majority vote may not be possible this November.

Pretty close contest...

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      It did alot for me. Pulled at my heartstrings, reminded me what he's actually accomplished and honestly.....made me hopeful again. He's very very good. Now we will see if the polls reflect how good a convention this was for the Dems.

The Dem convention FAR surpassed the Republican one for the fact that...Michelle Obama....Bill Clinton...Barack Obama...**** even Deval Patrick. No Republican (the closest was Marco Rubio) had a speech better than those 3 people.

Also this election was decided....probably after the auto industry recovered. Ohio is near full employment. Virginia is on a full uptick. Florida's unemployment rate has gone down as well. Obama wins Ohio, Virginia, or Florida...he wins the election.
                      No surprise here Obama has an uncanny gift of controling feeble minded idiots with just some empty words and hollow promises.

Comment

Working...
                      X