No announcement yet.

UK Homeowner Arrested After Suspected Burglars Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
    The British need a "Castle Doctrine" like in some US states.

States like Texas allow citizens protecting their homes, car, or place of business or employment to use force – including lethal force – when an intruder has unlawfully entered or is attempting to enter using force; is attempting to remove someone from the home, car, or workplace by force; or is attempting to commit a crime such as rape, murder, or robbery. An attempt to retreat is not required before a citizen is justified in using force against the invasive party in Texas.
    In 2010 England and Wales (population 56 million) recorded just over 600 homicides for the year 2010. During the same year the state of Texas (population 25 million) recorded more than 1200 murders.

Might not be an idea to be suggesting that Britain adopt Texan attitudes to crime.

Comment

You guys are the biggest puzziez in the world! Someone breaks into your house you're supposed to unload, reload, and unload again! What world do you guys live in?

Comment

Originally posted by BLATANT View Post
        You guys are the biggest puzziez in the world! Someone breaks into your house you're supposed to unload, reload, and unload again! What world do you guys live in?
        A more civilised one than yours by the looks of things. You ridicule America's enemies for their extremism while saying it's OK to kill someone for stealing. The majority of Americans are dumplings......

Comment

As a person who has been outspoken here about not wanting a society where everyone has guns, and think there should be stricter gun regulation, I have to say I find this ridiculous.

How the fuk are you supposed to know the intention of those burglars? What if they were there to rape the man's wife? Of harm his family? I mean, I'm all for gun regulation but sorry, you break into my home, I'm not sitting there debating with you as to what you are doing there, your getting shot no questions asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            As a person who has been outspoken here about not wanting a society where everyone has guns, and think there should be stricter gun regulation, I have to say I find this ridiculous.

How the fuk are you supposed to know the intention of those burglars? What if they were there to rape the man's wife? Of harm his family? I mean, I'm all for gun regulation but sorry, you break into my home, I'm not sitting there debating with you as to what you are doing there, your getting shot no questions asked.
            Well if you wake up and have the time to go get your gun and go downstairs to shoot them, i think it's safe to say they had no interest in attacking you at all or they would have headed straight for you..

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              Well if you wake up and have the time to go get your gun and go downstairs to shoot them, i think it's safe to say they had no interest in attacking you at all or they would have headed straight for you..
              What happens if they have a gun?

Comment

I'm sorry but if someone breaks into my home, my first thought/reaction is to protect my children and their mother. Not to contemplate if in fact they're there to harm us or simply take my TV, money or possessions.

I've never shot a gun in my life, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so if my family's in danger

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
                  What happens if they have a gun?
                  Then you can shoot them, but going downstairs with a gun is creating a situation where the burglars themselves fear for their lives and will open fire on you. Going Rambo helps nobody......

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    Then you can shoot them, but going downstairs with a gun is creating a situation where the burglars themselves fear for their lives and will open fire on you. Going Rambo helps nobody......
                    But like another poster said, how are you going to determine if he's in there to steal your possessions of if he's there to harm you or your family? In a situation like that there's no time to make assumptions.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                      I'm sorry but if someone breaks into my home, my first thought/reaction is to protect my children and their mother. Not to contemplate if in fact they're there to harm us or simply take my TV, money or possessions.

I've never shot a gun in my life, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so if my family's in danger
                      You believe going downstairs and forcing them to fight for their lives is smarter than staying out of the way with your family??? If your answer is yes you're a moron.

Comment

Working...
                      X