Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Homeowner Arrested After Suspected Burglars Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the intruder a thief, a murderer or a just a drunk neighbor that entered your house by mistake? The fact is you don’t know, so shooting first is not a very smart move.

First thing to do is make sure you are secured in your room and your weapon is ready.

Alert the police through your mobile phone and keep the damn line open until they arrive. You should try to make a bunch of noise to alert the intruders to your presence and make it obvious that you called the police. If they are not thieves, most likely they will holler back.

If they are in fact intruders, they will in all likelihood dash to the nearest escape route. The overwhelming volume of break-ins come from thieves who have no interest in confronting a homeowner.

A burglar that suddenly discovers that you are actually home will try to escape, especially if they realize that you are calling the police, and you should let them go. Trying to detain them or confront them can put you in much more danger than you are already in.

Do not confront intruders on your own. Keep it safe by staying in your secured room. You probably have the home-field advantage in your house, but you just don't know who they are, how many are they, what they got, and what they know. They could simply be better than you.

If however, in a very remote possibility that instead of fleeing, the idiot or idiots choose to approach you and you have to shoot … well shoot the damn thing. Most homeowners with guns hesitate to shoot due to legal aftermath floating in their minds. This is already a castle doctrine situation. SHOOT. It is them or you, better them.

Comment

Originally posted by own3d View Post
      i see a lot of you talking about killers like they are scum (rightly so) but your first action if someone breaks into your house will be to become one. Then you could shoot yourself i mean you don't want a killer around your family.
      killers are scum!

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        People don't become criminals because they want to work hard. The vast majority of burglaries, indeed the vast majority of crimes are opportunistic in nature. The notion that you acting to get help will result in you being somehow victimised has no basis in reality. .
        The reason why someone chose to burglarize a home is irrelevant, the act is enough to justify both judgement in a court of law and retaliation by the home owner.

Suggest to a bullied kid, that capitulation didn't encourage continued bullying. I don't know what fantasy world you think you live in but in the real world criminals take the path of least resistance, and that is a very REAL FACT.

The best way to protect yourself rom burglary isn't having an arsenal of weapons and an itchy finger. It's making your dwelling harder to break into. That is to say make it harder to break into than your neighbours'. Most B&E entries are through the front door. If the intruder doesn't get through with one kick they go somewhere else. Keep valuables out of sight. .
        Whether home A or B is burglarized is again irrelevant, the ACTION is in progress -- Just because one home was impenetrable and forced the criminal to choose another doesn't erase the fact that SOMEONE's home is getting burglarized. And the same scenario is again created, where a homeowner should protect his home and his family by whatever means necessary.
        You also have to remember that people falling victim to the most heinous crimes involving torture or murder in a home invasion are more often than not victimised because they are involved in crime themselves. Home invasions happen to people who have drugs or cash or weapons..

Broad assumptions can be made to suit many ideals, the point at hand is that whatever circumstance that exists in the burglars choice of target is again, irrelevant. Who cares if grandma is giving Marijuana brownies to the kids in the house. It is their house and they have the freedom of choice to do whatever they choose within it. Still that doesn't justify the violation of home, or a home invasion.

I would take a cynic's stance and suggest that the law was introduced for political expediency because being "tough on crime" is an easy sell especially in GunsAndJesusLand..
        The law was introduced to relieve homeowner's from undue prosecution, when they are forced to defend their families and property.
        Noone should have to shoot someone for breaking into their home. Noone should be homeless. Noone should go hungry.

Don't confuse ought for is..

Blind ramblings is all I can associate the above with .... so I'll defer.

I'm sure that the children will feel even safer when there's some petty thief's brains spread all over the rug..
        Yes, that is the point! make it front page news if necessary ...... At some point regular hard-working citizens should STOP being the victim and start deterring criminals.
        And you've still not addressed the demonstrable point I made that places with the castle doctrine are LESS safe than places without.

The mindset of the criminal changes immensely, when they know that every potential target home, has a potential gun-wielding, stand-his-ground homeowner.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
          Lol wasn't there a story about a home intruder who ended up suing the home owners because when he was trying to break in from the window, the frame was improperly secured and the robber fell and broke his arm? I could have sworn I heard a story like that.

Anyway, you just can't go wrong with a 1911...

Perro, 1911 is a powerful and reliable pistol in the hands of people who know how to handle it.

For home defense, I suggest a nice pump action shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
            Lol wasn't there a story about a home intruder who ended up suing the home owners because when he was trying to break in from the window, the frame was improperly secured and the robber fell and broke his arm? I could have sworn I heard a story like that.

Anyway, you just can't go wrong with a 1911...

there's only one way to avoid a lawsuit from an intruder....45

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post

Comment

In other news a man executed a 13 year old for stealing snacks and walked free.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,428222,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    In other news a man executed a 13 year old for stealing snacks and walked free.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,428222,00.html
                    Yeah .... that's a special case indeed!!!!!!

"Gonzalez, a wiry, graying 63-year-old, had endured several break-ins at his trailer in a hard-scrabble community east of town when four boys, ranging in age from 11 to 15, broke into his trailer to rummage for chips and soda in July 2007. Gonzalez was in a nearby building at the time.

Gonzalez went into the trailer and confronted the boys with a 16-gauge shotgun. The boys, who were unarmed, were forced to their knees, attorneys on both sides say.

The boys claim they were begging for forgiveness when Gonzalez hit them with the barrel of the shotgun and kicked them repeatedly."

"The homeowner's right to defend himself is not what's on trial in this case," said Assistant District Attorney Uriel Druker, speaking of the Gonzalez case. The shooting "was unnecessary and unreasonable, and Texas law doesn't protect that kind of behavior."

Goes to my point that criminals, in this case, no matter how young, take the path of least resistance.
                    Last edited by arraamis; 09-03-2012, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Yeah .... that's a special case indeed!!!!!!

"Gonzalez, a wiry, graying 63-year-old, had endured several break-ins at his trailer in a hard-scrabble community east of town when four boys, ranging in age from 11 to 15, broke into his trailer to rummage for chips and soda in July 2007. Gonzalez was in a nearby building at the time."

Goes to my point that criminals, in this case, no matter how young, take the path of least resistance.
                      Yes it's OK to execute all kids that steal while they are crying and begging on their knees and not a threat..........

It's people like you that gives America the reputation of being full of thick fat ****s. It's OK for someone to shoot a defenceless 13 year old but the country is in uproar for shooting a kid attacking someone (Trayvon Martin). Your country is a cesspit of gormless ******s that have no understanding of whats morally right and wrong. ****ing dunces.......

Comment

Working...
                      X