No announcement yet.

Marriage - some questions.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage - some questions.

Basically do you think its better to settle for someone as one approaches a particular age or to wait until you find someone you really want - however long that takes.

I am 28 and some change, I think its a decent age to get married, but have not found someone who ticks all boxes yet. Conversely, I am confident that if I settled, I could be married at 29, deffo before I hit 30 with a lady of some quality, but not what I truly want.

The other side of me thinks it better to wait until I meet the perfect girl. I know what I want (educated, funny, liberal, pretty to me), but finding her has proven difficult over the last 2-3 years, when I really started looking.

Tips or advice for a boxingscene bro.

Thanks,

When you meet her I suggest you give it time and don't set a deadline based on when you want to be married. Make sure it is right and give the thing you want to last forever a chance to grow.

Comment

Marriage is a trap.Dont do it. Every single person that i know got married ended up divorcing

Comment

No one?

Damn, I know some of you are married, so advise a dude.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
          When you meet her I suggest you give it time and don't set a deadline based on when you want to be married. Make sure it is right and give the thing you want to last forever a chance to grow.
          So wait for the right one irrespective of time?

Comment

You need to decide whats more important: being married or finding the right person.

Comment

What if I cant decide one way or the other?

Comment

my advice to you is to wait for someone you really want and know very well.
                if you feel youre somewhat short of time, collect as many gfs as you can or at least try being with as many relationship if you are the one-girl kind of guy. that way, you can compare and eventually choose the kind of girl whom you'll have least trouble spending the rest of your life with.
                i started worrying too like you when i turned 26 but i just took my time exploring and being patient, then 8 years later i finally settled with someone who im really happy with.

//add:
                just remember bro, men have no expiration dates unlike women who wants to have kids and needs to get settled while in their reproductive years. so no need to rush
                Last edited by npad69; 08-28-2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by npad69 View Post
                  my advice to you is to wait for someone you really want and know very well.
                  if you feel youre somewhat short of time, collect as many gfs as you can or at least try being with as many relationship if you are the one-girl kind of guy. that way, you can compare and eventually choose the kind of girl whom you'll have least trouble spending the rest of your life with.
                  i started worrying too like you when i turned 26 but i just took my time exploring and being patient, then 8 years later i finally settled with someone who im really happy with.

//add:
                  just remember bro, men have no expiration dates unlike women who wants to have kids and needs to get settled while in their reproductive years
                  Thanks man. I am not in a super rush, but you know, sort of have this life map where I am settled by a certain age, 1 kid (max 2) by a particular age etc.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
                    So wait for the right one irrespective of time?
                    I mean don't set a time you want to be married just be open minded to getting married. And when everything is right go for it but don't rush it.

I fooled around for years and was never going to get married. But when that got old I opened my mind to settling down. Still when I met the right woman I made her wait because I wanted both of us to be sure(and ready).

It worked out pretty good so far and I have probably been married as long as anyone here.

Comment

Working...
                    X