Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    he fought there only once...and lost
    lol. ridiculous.

and fuk Stephane A Smith on ESPN dissing Gretzky saying that Kareem deserved a statue before him. Gretzky is only the Jordan of hockey.

Stephane Bitch Smith is a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
      lol. ridiculous.

and fuk Stephane A Smith on ESPN dissing Gretzky saying that Kareem deserved a statue before him. Gretzky is only the Jordan of hockey.

DLH was given a statue for what he did for the city of Los Angeles. It was put outside Staples even though his legacy wasn't created at Staples.

DLH deserved it and so does Kareem.

Comment

Good for Kareem.

As far as Gretzky goes, his dominance in his sport is superior to anyone's in the others, IMO. The guy was just too damn good

Comment

If he were still Lew Alcindor I bet he'd of had a statue in Milwaukee and LA for years now.

Comment

I've heard he's a jerk too, but he still deserves it. Best center ever.

Comment

Good for Jabbar, totally deserves it, it's about time.

But looks like he made some disparaging comments against the Lakers....I hope the owners don't put out his statue with Bruce Lee kicking his @ss.

Comment

de la hoya got a statue before Kareem.... thats fuked up.
                Rocky has a statue....Frazier?

THAT is ****ed up

Comment

lol. ridiculous.

He's a legend and all but he didn't do it all in LA like Kareem did most of his career.

Now that I think about it, De La Hoya opened up schools and hospitals so I'm guessing that's why he got the statue. Not to mention the Mexican-American community here.
                  Last edited by JRM; 08-28-2012, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JRM View Post
                    He's a legend and all but he didn't do it all in LA like Kareem did most of his career.

Now that I think about it, De La Hoya opened up schools and hospitals so I'm guessing that's why he got the statue. Not to mention the Mexican-American community here.
                    are you kidding me? Gretzky changed LA's whole view of hockey. He single handedly turned LA into Hockey city in the early 90's. More hollywood stars were in the stands than at Lakers games. The Ducks and Sharks only exist today because of the hockey craze that he brought to California.

Kareem is great, but Gretzky is greater.

Comment

are you kidding me? Gretzky changed LA's whole view of hockey. He single handedly turned LA into Hockey city in the early 90's. More hollywood stars were in the stands than at Lakers games. The Ducks and Sharks only exist today because of the hockey craze that he brought to California.

Kareem is great, but Gretzky is greater.
                      I'd call them a push as far as influence on LA.

Comment

Working...
                      X