Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jury finds Samsung guilty of infringement, Apple awarded $1.05B

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad news for anyone who likes cell phones, even people who have iphones.

Comment

In response to the verdict, Breakbeat's attorney's orders Android to pay him 1.05 Billion points.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Yeah pretty much what I was saying. I own an iPhone and don't see it as some grand victory but more as a blow to anyone who owns a smartphone. Apple is already infamous for resting on its laurels with the iPhone. This will only reinforce that behavior and prevent other companies from improving smart phones.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
          In the long run, this will negatively impact the consumer. If Samsung has to dish out that much, they will be getting it back from us. Samsung makes good quality products.

I don't really know enough about the patents that were violated to have an opinion on that but it is pretty evident that Samsung basically stole some fundamental ideas from the iPhone and improved them.
          From what I understand, Samsung will have to license the patents from apple, or be banned from selling the infringing products in the united states.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            Actually, good news for anyone who like innovation. It shows that patents are still respected, and violators of intellectual property will be held accountable.

Comment

Yeah pretty much what I was saying. I own an iPhone and don't see it as some grand victory but more as a blow to anyone who owns a smartphone. Apple is already infamous for resting on its laurels with the iPhone. This will only reinforce that behavior and prevent other companies from improving smart phones.
              i dont see it that way dear lads... i think in the long run apple's competitors will have greater room to maneuver it's neurons to come up with designs and things that are drastically different from what apple is cooking...

genuinely different GUIs and stuff... (not just merely apple-sque) consumers like you and i still benefit...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                i dont see it that way dear lads... i think in the long run apple's competitors will have greater room to maneuver it's neurons to come up with designs and things that are drastically different from what apple is cooking...

genuinely different GUIs and stuff... (not just merely apple-sque) consumers like you and i still benefit...
                That's not a bad point, man. I hadn't thought of it like that. It will end up forcing them to go in a different direction, which could be a good thing.

Comment

That's not a bad point, man. I hadn't thought of it like that. It will end up forcing them to go in a different direction, which could be a good thing.
                  Thats the whole point. People look at Apple like they were moving slow. Its easy to wait for apple to release their newest innovation and then copy it +1.

I mean honestly, read this. This is from Samsung themselves. Its basically proof that all they are trying to do is imitate the iPhone.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/102322739/...parison-Report

Comment

even though i hate all the apple zombie **** its good that the american company won

Comment

Sad part is, this is Apple's way to get at Google.

Comment

Working...
                      X