• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Pet Goat 2 by Heliofant

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post

I watched it!!!

Comment

Watched it again, really liked it, I'll make a proper response when I get back.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
          I watched it!!!

Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out what this is all about.

Comment

In the vein of Tim Burton the newest film by Louis Lefebvre and Canadian film studio Heliofant was released on New America Now. It delves into a mysterious wonderland of surrealism populated by ethereal and mythological characters. With no dialogue the creators of “I Pet Goat II” have spoken volumes. Its an amalgam of the alternative underworld, a remix of conspiracy pop culture and intrigue formed as the body of truth embodying the decline of Western civilization. Heliofant’s film is both elegant and bizarre.

The film begins showing the similar powers animating George W. Bush and Barack Obama ironically in the famous classroom of 9/11. Pulling back into a dystopic frozen netherworld towers of ice crumble in the background just as they did in New York that fateful day in 2001. The scene is lonely and isolated.

Beyond, the armies of Al-Qaeda – the CIA’s foreign legion – march on illustrating the incongruent and often abstruse “War on Terror.” Jesus makes his entrance with a burning heart drawn in powerful Dia de los Muertos style. Lefebvre illustrates modernity’s broken mind preyed upon by propaganda and social engineering. Within the frosty expanse we visit third world wars, color revolution, a dancing dervish, protests and the perpetual march of neoliberal empire.

The dystopia is finally pierced by a rising sun. Is it possibly a rebirth? There is hope that it is so, as the previous paradigm crumbles in the background. It is a poignant film describing what many already know: the threshold of change is upon us.

http://www.greenewave.com/film-review-of-i-pet-goat-ii/

Comment

Comment

It was actually posted on here not too long ago, that's how I came across it. Loved it, a lot to get into so I'll just say it was great.

Comment

Working...
                X