Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Army Head To Head Could Beat The US?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    Quite a few if just ground troops.

American army not very well trained, apart from marines.
    I personally know a few Rangers that would get a laugh out of this.
    Last edited by Sweet Pea 50; 08-21-2012, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Dad's army

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit View Post
        Lol funny. We have the best special forces in the world in the SAS.

The Yanks only came into the second world war after getting their backsides handed to them at Pearl Harbour.

The Russians won that war if truth be known

ignorance.

i wasn't trying to be funny.

you don't realize the very bad state of the british military.

not trying to demean its soldiers but its funding.

you have 1 carrier left with no fighter planes to fly.

you are launching warships with no offensive weapons with hopes that further funds will allow you to arm them later.

the british navy only has 3 dedicated amphibious assault ships. what countries has an army small enough that 3 ships worth of british troops can defeat it?

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
          to be fair though the spanish were all over the place at that time occupying land, americans not so much i don't think (but of course look at modern day Iraq and afghanistan) and japanese were bat**** crazy back in WW2...i think the chinese got it worse from the japanese though.

with regards to what army that could beat the US today...it's the Russians...they are arguably the second strongest military today. (source: global fire power dot com).
          technically philippines never was invaded.

it didn't exist when spain colonized it, it was spain when america came, it was america when japan briefly occupied it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            I personally know a few Rangers that would get a laugh out of this.
            but they see it in movies.

us soldiers always scared and getting killed.

Comment

Any army would struggle against real guerilla tactics, but the US would blow anyone out of the water if they really wanted to

Comment

No one Beats the U.S. Military, we are undfefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
                  Any army would struggle against real guerilla tactics, but the US would blow anyone out of the water if they really wanted to
                  Traitor

You know what to do, Rory...

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit View Post
                    Lol funny. We have the best special forces in the world in the SAS.

The Yanks only came into the second world war after getting their backsides handed to them at Pearl Harbour.

The Russians won that war if truth be known

Hate to say it, but you guys can barely afford an Army amidst austerity measures currently being put in place. At one point in time the Brits probably had the best special forces. Believe it or not, Australia's special forces is probably in better shape than the Brit's because they've been in close cooperation with US Special Forces and are pretty much mimicking their training and tactical operations and equipment.

Within the last 10 years, US SOCOM is battle proven. In the history of US Special Forces, I don't think there has been a more battle experienced SF corps than they have right now. Most, if not all have seen major combat within the last 10 years. Just look at the current successes they've had.
                    Last edited by WarriorSoul; 08-21-2012, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Can't say I love all the spending that goes into the Military, but it's nice knowing you got this protecting you.

Comment

Working...
                      X