Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uk is the size of Oregon. Over ten times as many people

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in Wales and there is less than 3million people living here.

Plenty of room.

Beautiful countryside and coasts.

It is England with the likes of London and Birmingham that is the ugly part of the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post

Plenty of room.

It is England with the likes of London and Birmingham that is the ugly part of the UK.
      easy there jonesy, i know the "ugly" business that you lads get upto over the border, involving the native wildlife

Comment

Originally posted by Thor-Odinson View Post
        easy there jonesy, i know the "ugly" business that you lads get upto over the border, involving the native wildlife

http://www.sundaymercury.net/news/mi...name_page.html

You mean you brummies on the border getting it on with the farm animals?

Comment

There are plenty of discreet, country hideaways in England, and dozens of quaint towns and cities. Obviously, like any large world cities Manchester, Birmingham, and London are best to stay away from if you're looking for a quiet holiday. However, they are all pretty awesome for night-life, culture, and entertainment.

York, Bath, Edinburgh, Oxford, Chester are all beautiful.

Newcastle, Liverpool, Brighton, and Nottingham are underrated as large cities.

Places like Stamford, Oundle, and Cheltenham ooze character.

Britain is such a mixed bag. It's uniqueness is something to be celebrated.

Yes, it's overpopulated, and mass immigration has had a negative effect on our society, but it's still a great place to live, work and enjoy life, as long as you aren't a miserable character.

To be honest, even with all Britain's problems, I wouldn't permanently move any place else - except from maybe Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Cazadores View Post
            Been there many times. All those people get out to those desolate places. Hell I see Cali plates all over here in southern Oregon.

If I can't find a place to be alone in the wild without someone else coming by, i don't want to live there.
            I used to live in Ashland/Medford...it's ok-real mellow and nice scenery...Ashland has a lot of nice restaurants and is a haven for tourists in the summertime...definitely not for people who are looking for city life,but it's a nice place to grow up, raise kids and retire-lol

Comment

http://www.sundaymercury.net/news/mi...name_page.html

You mean you brummies on the border getting it on with the farm animals?
              oh sweet jesus

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                Just like we invented basketball, baseball and American football to prove our superiority in sports, England plays soccer to pretend they're still relevant in sports.
                and only Amuurri-cangs are good in their own sports. lol

serious question though, I find it ******ed that a team that wins their national competition is referred to as WORLD CHAMPIONS..???

how are the heat 'world champions'?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  Just like we invented basketball, baseball and American football to prove our superiority in sports, England plays soccer to pretend they're still relevant in sports.
                  No one cares about those sports though apart from the yanks obviously

Comment

Plenty of room.

Beautiful sheep too

Comment

Originally posted by Cazadores View Post
                      You're beginning to sound like a pyscho.
                      No I am not. Whatever, clearly Americans aren't friendly.

This is what I will say about the UK. We may have smaller houses, but they are strong and made out of solid bricks. Rarely a wooden house that breaks down a lot sooner. Some houses are hundreds of years old in fact and has history.

The cities are packed, but you actually have 24 hour shops/clubs/food type life style. You meet a lot of people from every corner of the World in London, and you have a great time. It has history much older than the US itself.

The UK has an environment that allows grass and crops to grow quite well. Our land is not dessert and actually land that can be used. Some of the UK is beautiful. Some of it is very rural.

What I was say is, the UK has a higher density yet Americans have a lot higher gun murder rate and are spread apart. I would much rather be alive like a sardine than be dead like a dead maggot.

Comment

Working...
                      X