Best movies of 2012 so far

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i haven't watched drive yet...

but i thought "marley" was great..

but then again anything that has bob marley on it, i would most certainly enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post

but then again anything that has bob marley on it, i would most certainly enjoy...
      BEat me too it. It was one of the best music docs I've seen. If you haven't already check out 'Time will tell' thats a very good Marley doc, you should be able to find it on most torrent sites.

Comment

Also The Raid is a must see action film (I think its called The Raid: Redemption in America). Its an indonisian film directed by a dude from Wales. Some of the fight scenes are as brutal as anything I've seen in a film.

Comment

Download Firefly and Serenity. Not from 2012 but always a great watch.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            i'm not sure if i follow you here. you could not wait to finish as in you wanted to be done with it? or you wanted to see what happened to the characters / how the story resolved?

i was very impressed with drive. it accomplished what it set out to do. very good to great acting from all the major players. it was a very simple and very good story

evidently it was based on a book.

i should add this to answer the TS:
            It's not an action movie. it's very much a drama. there is copious violence, however, thats involved with the story.
            I couldnt wait for it to finish because it wanted it to be done with lol....I had already watched half so I just continued watching the 2nd half...even tho it felt like it was dragging

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
              Also The Raid is a must see action film (I think its called The Raid: Redemption in America). Its an indonisian film directed by a dude from Wales. Some of the fight scenes are as brutal as anything I've seen in a film.
              Yeah that film was pretty sick!

Comment

Drive was weird. I'm into dark movies like that, but I can't be entertained by cinematography alone. A lot of quiet moments in that movie. The few getaway scenes that are in the movie are entertaining though.

As far as comedies go 21 Jump Street and Ted were both very good to me. American Reunion was solid too.

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
                  I couldnt wait for it to finish because it wanted it to be done with lol....I had already watched half so I just continued watching the 2nd half...even tho it felt like it was dragging

i see
                  if you're looking for an "action" film then drive probably wasn't for you.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post

i give it the solid 3 stars or so. good / very good.

ryan gosling goes above and beyond the call. he's a terrific young actor.

oh, and how's this for coolness, the main character's name is never mentioned. he's simply "the driver," even in the script.

Comment

any other suggestions my foreign brothers?

Comment

Working...
                      X