Olympic Games Thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And they give it to the German.

Comment

• That was the craziest judo match I've ever seen.

Comment

• Korea vs Russia now. I expect it to be form vs aggression, not unlike the USA vs Germany match. The Korean bringing the form, and the Russian the aggression. I favor the Korean's superior technique, but don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Comment

• This Korean is as sharp as can be.

Comment

• And, my f'ing stream died but it looks like the Korean held on for the win by wazari.

On to the women's bronze medal matches, with a new stream. Now, we have Mongolia vs Japan.

Comment

• And, Japan's Ueno has just captured bronze in the first of the two bronze medal matches in the women's 63 kg class. She won by yuko on penalties in an uneventful match. Nevertheless, she was clearly the superior fighter. Japan earns it's 5th judo medal. They have now one one gold, two bronzes and two silvers. Nakai is still to come on the night to contend for Japan's 6th judo medal on the games.

Up now, women's bronze medal match #2 featuring the #1 world rated fighter of France vs the Korean competitor.

Comment

• Golden score yet again.

The French fighter has looked decent, but it hasn't been enough for any score.

Comment

• The Korean coming out very aggressive for the extra period.

Comment

• France wins it, by referee's decision after no conclusion in golden score.

Comment

• Japan's Nakai could be seen valiantly holding back tears while exiting the mat after losing his bronze medal match against Russia's Nifontov. The Russian fighter countered two throw attempts by Nakai, scoring a wazari (or half point) in each case. Two wazari is equal to an ippon, which wins a match. Congratulations to the Russian fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X