• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Repeddled View Post
    Jade Jones just beat the Chinese for the gold. You're welcome US

Comment

• Originally posted by Addition View Post
      It's ridiculous and it's going to take a lot more than additional hour of PE. We are going to have to spend money on sports to even stand a chance. Once you get to college it's over, you're on your own unlike in the US who actually give a shit about sports.
      PE is ****. You don't anything, you just do it. For example, at age 13 our 100 metres runs were on damn grass... and we were not taught how to run or stretch, we just had to run. I recall doing 13.2 secs and was well happy. I was faster at age 15 but they didn't even give us times on that PE lesson. It was just places... WTF?

PE is great if you actually get taught to do something. It is just a lesson to chill out if you don't get taught or get given advice. Then again I am from Hackney where schooling is one of the worse in the UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        If you cut the money to the arts, wouldn't you slags be just as stupid as us fat yanks?

Honest question.
        TBH Literature and artwork in the UK is pretty good, but those mofo's don't bring us glory.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
          Congratulations to Welsh gold medalist Jade Jones. Great win in the final. She is young so young too.
          What sport? I missed it. We on 25 Golds then?

PS. It's Team GB, don't be so selfish now! You know most of the National Lottery money that funds GB athletes is from England FFS!

Team GB.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            the arts is stuff like theatre, dance, performing arts etc. I'm probably just being a biased sports fan but I think sporting success does more for the nation (and economy)
            It is true that Sports in the Olympics brings glory, but to not invest in places like theatre do make us lose some culture. I went to a theatre about 3 times and 2 times it was very good and enjoyable. A lot of tourists do go and see what the UK has to offer in terms of performing arts etc... They also provide jobs for normal people.

Comment

• Well done on the US by heading over China, the Ex Power House at the Olympics. China had 56 Gold's last time, they couldn't repeat that. However I will not look down any any of their Gold's, the Gold's you earn in your discipline means you're still the best.

USA should get 5 more Gold's in athletics maybe. China have one Boxing hope I think LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by OlympicGlory View Post
                What sport? I missed it. We on 25 Golds then?

PS. It's Team GB, don't be so selfish now! You know most of the National Lottery money that funds GB athletes is from England FFS!

Team GB.
                Last time I checked she was from Wales Not being selflish

taekwondo she won it in.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
                  Last time I checked she was from Wales Not being selflish

taekwondo she won it in.
                  Fine then, if you won't say Team GB, then forget you.

Team GB.

Comment

• Always liked taekwondo. Beautiful, flashy with the kick attacks.

I was always better with my hands, though.

Comment

• I found TKD boring. Tried to get into it but there's something about it. Almost like boxers in the centre bouncing around, jabbing every few secs. Not too fun for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X