No announcement yet.

Knicks to likely pass on Jeremy Lin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    The lockout. It was very unpredictabl and because of Lebrn the Nuggets were pretty hell bent on trading him to SOMEONE whih was abot to be the Nets. Melo should have held out though. If we kept Chandler, Gallo, Felton and added Melo we could have used those pieces to trade for CP3 and literally have won a championship last year.
    you forget cp3's hips died on him right before the playoffs. you'd have got further but still destroyed by the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
      But what about his on-the-court value?

Nice post on the financial dynamics as well as the underdog aspects.

As a long suffering Knick fan the only question I have is his on the court value and will he live up to the hype and take the Knicks to the next level ?

So only time will tell as far as his on the court value is concerned. 25 games in an NBA season is not enough to gauge a players on the court value !

Imo to render a contract of this magnitude is to much of a risk considering the financial obligations to other players currently under contract !

PS: Knicks have less than a day and a 1/2 to pull off another trade and a rabbit out of their @ss and I don't see that happening !!!
      like the goat coach said. knicks are too clumsy.

lin would be good in a system like phoenix but in ny with melo and amare, it's a disaster waiting to happen. not enough touches to go around and lin turns it over like t.o. drops catches.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        you forget cp3's hips died on him right before the playoffs. you'd have got further but still destroyed by the heat.
        I would have rather gotten beat in the EC finals than in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          Incorrect my good man. Without knowing if the Knicks would have Lin's Bird rights the Knicks didn't have the money whatsoever to sign Lin. Once they won that ruling THEN hey could have extended him an offer, which they should have but decided to gambe........which they have now lost.

well, all that should have been calculated..they knew there would be suitors for Lin...heck, Toronto was making noise as far as giving him a lucrative contract...instead on banking on early bird rights saving them from having to pay over the cap, they should have prioritized the Lin situation...all before signing JR Smith and Kidd...that is, if they really wanted to keep him

the winner in all this is Lin...can't blame him for taking the money

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            like the goat coach said. knicks are too clumsy.

lin would be good in a system like phoenix but in ny with melo and amare, it's a disaster waiting to happen. not enough touches to go around and lin turns it over like t.o. drops catches.
            Actually I think coach is feeling a bit spurned.

I guess he's been sitting in the weeds a lil too long.

Give me a coach that rolls up his sleeves and does the necessary things to make his system work as well as accommodate.

Imo Melo and Stat will not work regardless of who's at the point.

Both would have to make sacrifices and even with those sacrifices there's no assurances we get to the next level.

If Lin's gone he's gone but part of me wants to hold on to him.

If 4 nothing else to take a looksee ( I know ? An expensive looksee.) and if all else fails we can at least get something for him down the road.

Well that and sticking it back to the smart @sses in Houston !!!

At this point its in Dolan's hands and this is where it gets sketchy !!!
            Last edited by BERNIE'S CORNER; 07-16-2012, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              well, all that should have been calculated..they knew there would be suitors for Lin...heck, Toronto was making noise as far as giving him a lucrative contract...instead on banking on early bird rights saving them from having to pay over the cap, they should have prioritized the Lin situation...all before signing JR Smith and Kidd...that is, if they really wanted to keep him

the winner in all this is Lin...can't blame him for taking the money
              Why is this even an issue Felton and Kidd are far better then that bum Lin who only has hype because of his etnicity fcking tim tebow wanna be

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                Why is this even an issue Felton and Kidd are far better then that bum Lin who only has hype because of his etnicity fcking tim tebow wanna be

Jason Kidd is gonna be 112yrs old this season...and Ray Felton looks like an offensive lineman

Comment

that ballhog Carmelo pushed Lin out...Dolan prolly caught win that Melo doesnt like Lin. So the Knicks wont match, why risk upsetting their superstar player. It's Melo's team, not Lin's.

so he got the boot....

D'Antoni also got his ass forced out after Melo dogged it, complained about the offense that Melo's fat ass couldnt keep up with.

Knick fan till i die but these clowns are hard to root for. Melo couldnt handle having some harvard kid out of nowhere get some shine.

Comment

if anyone wants to argue with my point, you cant deny that the superstars in the NBA have way too much power in terms of who coaches the team or who their teammates are.

it used to be the players did what the great coaches like Red Holzman told them. If you didnt do what the coach said, you got ****ing cut or benched. Period.

Now its the coaches who cater to the players. Melo got punch drunk with power so Lin had to go.

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
                      if anyone wants to argue with my point, you cant deny that the superstars in the NBA have way too much power in terms of who coaches the team or who their teammates are.

it used to be the players did what the great coaches like Red Holzman told them. If you didnt do what the coach said, you got ****ing cut or benched. Period.

Now its the coaches who cater to the players. Melo got punch drunk with power so Lin had to go.
                      Thats stars in all sports now it used to be that they cared about fans now they just care about paychecks.

Comment

Working...
                      X