Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will go down as the greater player Kobe Bryant or Larry Bird?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
    bird did average a double double for his career
    he won MVP 3 seasons in a row, together with Wilt & Russell as the only players achieved the milestone

probably the only player to average above .500 on fg percentage while shooting .900 on free throws

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
      obviously if this comes down with number of rings, it's Kobe

but when you picture in statistics, performances and other intangibles, Bird is way ahead

not so sure about 'way ahead' tol

if you wanna bring in stats and performances, you have to talk about Kobe's durability and achievements...he's scored more points and has his own handful of great performances...81 in a game, 54 after 3qtrs, 9 three pointers in a game compared to larry's 7...his consecutive run of 40+pts in a game...

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post

if you wanna bring in stats and performances, you have to talk about Kobe's durability and achievements...he's scored more points and has his own handful of great performances...81 in a game, 54 after 3qtrs, 9 three pointers in a game compared to larry's 7...his consecutive run of 40+pts in a game...
        i agree, maybe "way ahead" is a stretch for me

i guess i picked Bird is because he's a clutch performer, most of his best performances came from the playoffs which some are memorable

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
          i agree, maybe "way ahead" is a stretch for me

i guess i picked Bird is because he's a clutch performer, most of his best performances came from the playoffs which some are memorable

as a Showtime child, trust me...i knew ALL about Bird's moxie...he was a stud...i watched every green turd game because that's what we did back then; monitor your main rival

Kobe has his own set of highlights and although he's slowing down, still has some years left and isn't done...16yrs in the league alone, even if you're just a stiff, is remarkable...what more for someone playing at his level...remember, dude could have easily gotten the scoring title at his age had he played the last game of the season...not bad for someone that's 'fading'

Comment

Originally posted by lebrick View Post
            kobe isnt even better than magic..
            are u somehow implying that Magic wasn't better than Byrd???.....

Kobe.

Comment

as a Showtime child, trust me...i knew ALL about Bird's moxie...he was a stud...i watched every green turd game because that's what we did back then; monitor your main rival

Kobe has his own set of highlights and although he's slowing down, still has some years left and isn't done...16yrs in the league alone, even if you're just a stiff, is remarkable...what more for someone playing at his level...remember, dude could have easily gotten the scoring title at his age had he played the last game of the season...not bad for someone that's 'fading'
              kobe is amazing on his own rights.. more flashy and will rank in top 10 when all is set and done.. but bird is a once in a lifetime player who gets the job done without you knowing it.. a deadly assassin, the yin to magic's yang..

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
                are u somehow implying that Magic wasn't better than Byrd???.....

Kobe.
                chris byrd?

next time you reply, quote all the message and stop nitpicking.. you sound like an ESPN insider..

Comment

Magic over Larry, Larry over Kobe. Magic and Larry owned the NBA back when the NBA was actually worth watching

Showtime :cool9:

Poet

Comment

Kobe. As of now I think its Bird, but it's really close.

Bird

Career Stats: 24/10/6

Rookie of the Year
                    3x NBA Champion
                    3x MVP
                    2X Finals MVP
                    9x All NBA 1st Team
                    1x All NBA 2nd Team
                    3x All Defensive 2nd Team

Kobe

Career Stats: 25/5/5

5x NBA Champion
                    1x MVP
                    2x Finals MVP
                    10× All NBA 1st Team
                    2x All NBA 2nd Team
                    2x All NBA 3rd Team
                    9× NBA All Defensive 1st Team
                    3× NBA All Defensive 2nd Team
                    1x NBA All Defensive 3rd Team

Comment

Bird is better than Kobe no questions asked...a prime Larry Bird would dominate the NBA if he was playing now...in the other hand Kobe in the 80's would be a good player but wouldn't of had the success he has had in this era...IMO

Comment

Working...
                      X