No announcement yet.

most depressing scenes in movies...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
    beat me to it! that was pretty depressing indeed...

out of recent movies, the montage in pixar's "up" was quite sad...

and william wallace's wife her throat getting slashed by a british soldier in braveheart was a downer...

agreed.

smoking hot for a chick from the dark ages. reminds me of a danish chick i grew up with. lesbian now. what a waste.

at least at that point in the movie you knew sh#t was about to go down. they killed william wallace's pvssy. it was nothing but murder from there on.

Comment

Gladiator - When Maximus comes home to find his wife and son have been killed

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        agreed.

reminds me of a danish chick i grew up with. lesbian now. what a waste.
        Not a waste for whatever carpet muncher she's with.

Comment

Dear Zachary, the whole damn movie.

Comment

Comment

this ****ing scene...never thought i'd feel sad seeing a ****ing volleyball float away...

Comment

This scene was deep as hell. Sad, but motivational also. Made me want to dig deep in life. RIP Mick

Comment

Some good one's mentioned here, Castaway/Wilson scene, Gladiator scene.

I'll also so add Carlito's Way ending[which is also the beginning]. And the "I'll never let go, Jack" scene from Titanic.

The Godfather III, when Michael's daughter gets shot, and Michael just breaks down and cries like i've never seen an actor do that good before.

Also the ending scene of that movie movie where they show a flashback of scene's where Michael is dancing with the 3 women he loved, one by one, throughout the whole trilogy, his first wife, his daughter, and his wife. The first wife divorced him, his daughter got shot, and his other wife was blown up in a car. Then after he's done with these flashbacks, as an old man in a wheelchair, he's shown passing away and slouching on his wheelchair. Great trilogy.

From what i've seen on this forum, no one has seen Scarecrow with Gene Hackman and Al Pacino, a 1973 film. But i'll go ahead and say it anyway. The scene where Pacino finally arrives at his wife's town after a long journey, first he calls from a pay phone to let her know he's coming to see her and his son that he's never seen. So he calls and let's her know, and she tells him she had a miscarriage, while the son is playing with his toys. She says she lost the baby by falling down the house steps, because no one was there to help her. Al goes catatonic shortly after this and the movie ends with him in the hospital like that. Another great movie.

Catch Me If You Can scene where Frank is told his father died in the train tracks?[I don't remember if that's how it was].

The ending scene of Heat, when Pacino shoots and kills De Niro on the rooftop, and then he goes and holds his hand as if he's sad to see him go, but it was something that he had to do. The look of respect in both of their eyes as De Niro passed away. It was more so a very strong scene, rather than depressing. The greatest crime movie i've ever seen.

Shawshank Redemption when Brooks commits suicide.

And this is not a movie scene but it has to be said..Smallville, the scene when Jonathan Kent dies in the farm/Jonathan Kent's funeral.

While i'm at it, i'll also add the ending of the episode from Fresh Prince of Bel Air, in which Will's estranged father who was never there for him, comes visit him, him and Will spend time together. At the end of the episode, I think they had planned to go somewhere and the father leaves Will hanging and tells him he can't make it and has to leave. He leaves, and Will goes on a rant to Uncle Phil about how he doesn't need him anyway, then at the end of the rant he cries and Uncle Phil hugs him

The Professional. You know what scene.

I can go on and on but i'ma stop it right there.

Comment

not just a scene but a whole movie...i got a little depressed after watching "The Road" starring Viggo Mortensen.

Comment

Good call on Godfather III Kev. That movie, disappointing as it was, is worth it just for that scene. Pacino seriously nailed it.

Comment

Working...
                      X