Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Basically Prometheus Ain't A Prequel Of Alien Because....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Basically Prometheus Ain't A Prequel Of Alien Because....

it's the beginning of the beginning of that alien movie right?

it was a good movie cuz i pretended not to think that this was the prequel to alien.

anyway i knew it was PG13 but i was still hoping to see charlize theron nude. oh well!

It's not a prequel in the normal sense no, more of a spiritual predecessor.

I thought Promethius was a good movie btw.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken Prometheus takes place about 500 years before the first Alien movie.

Comment

Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
        If I'm not mistaken Prometheus takes place about 500 years before the first Alien movie.
        its like 40 years

Comment

so what is it basically about especially the alien we all know came out at the end?

Comment

I still need to see this movie.

Trailer looks cool.

Comment

Its not a prequel its just set in the same universe as Alien.
              Im really looking forward to the directors cut, you could tell it had been trimmed down on parts. And also hope they put in the elder Engineers at the beginning of the film, Ridley said that first scene was 15 mins long but only 5 or so mins made in into the theatrical cut. Roll on the sequel, hope we get more of the Deacon and a glance at the home world of the Engineers.

Comment

It is rated R and it is honestly an awful movie. It makes Alien: Ressurection look Oscar worthy.

Comment

It was originally postulated as a direct prequel to Alien hence the crashed alien ship, the space jockey with his guts forced out and the distress signal. They decided at some point to change it so it wasn't a direct prequel but never bothered to fix the things that made it so hence the spaceship crash, distress signal and Space Jockeys which were suddenly made all shitty.

Also left out were believable characters with consistent personalitied and a coherent plot.

It was shit.

Comment

I have heard lots of bad things about this movie.

Comment

Working...
                    X