Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prometheus movie discussion (Spoilers Imminent)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saw it last night as well...was pretty disappointed in the story...great special effects tho

and i did like those flying ball thingies that mapped out the cave

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      I liked it too because while I'm a very critical movie goer, I also put things into perspective. For example, I see movies like IRobot initially to be typical hollywood nonsense with just explosions, pretty girls and no story but it was actually a good movie because it was entertaining, and the story was good.

Some blockbusters can surprise you and I take them for what they are. When I eat a burger, I don't expect it to be a filet mignon, I expect it to be a burger and sometimes a burger is pretty fukin good.

The movie made 400 million dollars...Id call that a success. Hopefully they make a few more.

Comment

One of those blockbuster/famous movies that I will intentionally not see.
        Just like BrokeBack Mountain and the Passion of Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
          One of those blockbuster/famous movies that I will intentionally not see.
          Just like BrokeBack Mountain and the Passion of Christ.

it's Aliens lang bossing

Comment

prometheus was ****ing bad ass. It had such a complex, and multi layered story line that could either continue the alien storyline but also has a potential to go off on its own brand new tangent with the engineers.

people are way too dumb and impatient these days. they want everything explained to them as if they were some ******ed child with a quick resolutions to everything.

this was a very stylish, sci fi film that i hope reinvigorates the sci fi genre once again.

Cant wait for the sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
              Depends what you want.

The visual effects were very good and the fast pace made it entertaining, but the plot and screenwriting were not very good.

Kind of like Wrath of the Titans.

I don't understand why they spend so much money on making a movie and yet don't come up with a better story.

good comparison...that was another one of those movies that was purely eye candy

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                prometheus was ****ing bad ass. It had such a complex, and multi layered story line that could either continue the alien storyline but also has a potential to go off on its own brand new tangent with the engineers.

people are way too dumb and impatient these days. they want everything explained to them as if they were some ******ed child with a quick resolutions to everything.

this was a very stylish, sci fi film that i hope reinvigorates the sci fi genre once again.

It was stupid with a stupid plot and with thoughtless dumbassery from start to finish. Categorising people who recognise this fact as being dumb and impatient makes you a pseudo-intellectual. The plot was filled with holes, scientists were charicatures of the sort that a child would find unbelievable, the attempt to tie this movie to the Alien franchise was clumsy and half assed.

This movie appeared in every way to have been an Alien prequel that was changed to not-an-Alien-prequel at the last minute but nobody bothered to rewrite the script.

I don't like to buy pirate movies, I find it unethical. But I might buy a pirate copy of this one, not to watch it, just on general principle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
                  Just watched the movie, gave it a 8/10. I really liked it. 2014 is the date the date for the next one! The real prequel for Alien.

And does watching this movie make you wish we clould all be alive when we finally have the technology to really explore space? I think more money should be spent on space exploration and advenced technology research.
                  World powers are too hell-bent on self-destruction and the destruction of their enemies, to bother exploring space. They only use space exploration as a vehicle to gain an earthly tactical advantage. That's one of the reasons the space program suffers.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                    World powers are too hell-bent on self-destruction and the destruction of their enemies, to bother exploring space. They only use space exploration as a vehicle to gain an earthly tactical advantage. That's one of the reasons the space program suffers.

I know, if Aliens are real they would have nothing to do with us because they know how violent we are. If we all came together as one human race, who knows what we could do? Anything would be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X